Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
merc Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We finally got our schedules and priorities straight and am finalizing our plans for coming to AC, unfortunately, the place we want to stay at is booked for the June timeframe we planned and now we are looking at coming in mid-August. Are we making a huge and costly mistake to do so?

Our primary concerns are mosquitos and hurricanes, with inland heat being secondary during excursions there.

Will our location on the Caye(south side adjacent to Ho Chan) be unbearable with mosquitos?

What do you folks think - should we wait to come when we can do so during early summer?

Thanks for the help!

"the place we want to stay at is booked for the June timeframe", can you book elsewhere for the same time?

Any time is a great time in SP!

be smart and take lotsa bug spray, just in case. i always pack benedryl cream - works great.

don't sweat the weather, you can't control it. last august we had only one day of rain, and brief showers for 2. it didn't get in the way. tropical storms are pretty cool to watch too.

inland will be hot. take and drink plenty of water.

make the best of it, have no regrets or expectations - and you'll have a great trip!

The S. side can be buggy at times, but I don't know specifically about August. It was fine last June, but July06 seemed buggy.

For activities, mid-June has lobsterfest and early-August has Costa Maya, so I would think either would be good times, if you were looking at these dates.

Not to mention the flies when they burn the trash at the dump in the south.
We like to stay just north of San Pedro. We loved Paradise Villas. There seems to be a breeze (in the front) all of the time.
We've gone 3 times in July. The first trip no prob with mesquitos, second big prob with mesquitos and third time in 07 no problem with mesquitos. The last trip we were at Paradise Villas and loved it.

Time flys - have fun!
Your first option is now booked. Try exploring other options. You should be able to find something this far out. There are so many great options.

The mosquitos, temps, and humidity will indeed be worse that time of year. However, Mrs. O. and I made our first AC trip ever in September. Having visited in February since then, there is a HUGE difference. But, we came back, so that must say something.

You will love it regardless. Buy trip insurance (you should always do so since it's so cheap, but especially because of that time of year), then relax and enjoy!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
B
bec Offline
B
Quick thread jack....Hey Otter which time did you like better?
September or February? We will be there in 3 weeks. Can't wait!

sun,sand,cerveca

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 144 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.