Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: Barnacle] #262755
01/12/08 07:23 PM
01/12/08 07:23 PM
Ambergris Caye
ecodiver Offline
ecodiver  Offline
It's not just that publication, a few months back Scuba diving magazine used stock photos to show Ambergrise Caye and it was of Caye caulker. Let the reader beware

Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: ecodiver] #262770
01/13/08 01:57 AM
01/13/08 01:57 AM
CROC Offline
CROC  Offline
Destination Belize is a beautiful publication but a poor advertising source based on the cost of Ad.

Its production I beleive was 50,000 published copies with each advertiser receiving 2 boxes of magazines and the rest going to BTIA for promotion at trade shows

What it does is allow the private sector whom 90% know little about marketing to pay for a flashy publication that looks good but is a poor source for the advertiser but a great promotion piece for the BTIA paid for by the private sector.

Now before I get bashed I challenge advertisers to come on and post the tracking results of the advertising and i am very confident that this publication does not pull well compared to other publications promoting niche subjects. (most advertiser dont track there ad results.

I beleive the only value to advertising in Destination Belize is for Branding and additional exposure ONLY IF YOU have the advertising budget for it, if you are a small resort or business I suggest you spend your hard earned dollars on other publications with more circualtion and production.

Destination Belize a nice marketing piece but just not enough circulation to warrant the hefty advertising rate when compared to other publications with much more coverage readership and circulation.

Anyone thats seen a copy i am sure you will agree with me it does not look cheap it looks an expensive piece and add up the advertising revenue from the ads, the publisher is making an ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF MONEY I believe BTIA is also on a commission on the advertisers payments which seems off to me as by paying them commision on sales it increases the cost to the private sector but I guess thats how the publisher got this lucrative contract.

Croc

Last edited by CROC; 01/13/08 02:00 AM.
Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: Barnacle] #262784
01/13/08 09:03 AM
01/13/08 09:03 AM
San Pedro Belize
elbert Offline OP
elbert  Offline OP
Originally Posted by Barnacle
it also seems the only way to get any mention in the text is to buy a color advertisement.
overwhelmingly, the large places can afford the text.

Thats the way all mags. and newspapers are.

White Sands Dive Shops Daily Blog
http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/
Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: elbert] #262789
01/13/08 09:43 AM
01/13/08 09:43 AM
S
SimonB Offline

SimonB  Offline
S
Croc is right. I tracked my results and they were...Zero. The first time I advertised was the last time.

Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: Barnacle] #264401
01/25/08 06:01 PM
01/25/08 06:01 PM
Caye Caulker, Belize
A
Auxillou Beach Suites Offline
Auxillou Beach Suites  Offline
A
In this day and age of technology Destination Belize should be in DVD format for easy mailing. The print copy is decades outdated as an effective advertising tool.

Wendy Auxillou

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: elbert] #264446
01/26/08 05:14 AM
01/26/08 05:14 AM
Canada
seashell Offline
seashell  Offline
Not to mention the fact that the only time I can get my hands on the mag, is when I'm actually in San Pedro. Then I bring a copy back home, share it with friends and in short order I lose my copy.

Maybe next time I'll see what I can do about bringing back more than one copy.

All that said, Amanda's idea is much better. My way costs something in the neighborhood of $3000, just to get started on distribution.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Re: New Destination Belize magazine [Re: seashell] #264467
01/26/08 09:05 AM
01/26/08 09:05 AM
San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye...
Amanda Syme Offline

Amanda Syme  Offline
Great idea Wendy - a dvd would be a much easier method of distribution in some cases.

seashell pm your address - I'll mail you one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
Maruba Beach Klub and Spa is the premiere Secret Beach spa and restaurant located on the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean Sea at the center of Secret Beach, Belize
First Class Accommodations for the Budget Traveler

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
ReefTV
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
San Pedro Fun Finder
Paradise Guy Event Calendar
Cayo Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Belize Happy Adventures
Conch Creative
Caribbean Culture & Lifestyle
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Click for Ian Anderson's Caves Branch, Welcome to a World of Adventure
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (rayrayray), 305 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics70,618
Posts479,085
Members19,595
Most Online2,982
Jan 29th, 2019

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.