Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
It's not just that publication, a few months back Scuba diving magazine used stock photos to show Ambergrise Caye and it was of Caye caulker. Let the reader beware

Destination Belize is a beautiful publication but a poor advertising source based on the cost of Ad.

Its production I beleive was 50,000 published copies with each advertiser receiving 2 boxes of magazines and the rest going to BTIA for promotion at trade shows

What it does is allow the private sector whom 90% know little about marketing to pay for a flashy publication that looks good but is a poor source for the advertiser but a great promotion piece for the BTIA paid for by the private sector.

Now before I get bashed I challenge advertisers to come on and post the tracking results of the advertising and i am very confident that this publication does not pull well compared to other publications promoting niche subjects. (most advertiser dont track there ad results.

I beleive the only value to advertising in Destination Belize is for Branding and additional exposure ONLY IF YOU have the advertising budget for it, if you are a small resort or business I suggest you spend your hard earned dollars on other publications with more circualtion and production.

Destination Belize a nice marketing piece but just not enough circulation to warrant the hefty advertising rate when compared to other publications with much more coverage readership and circulation.

Anyone thats seen a copy i am sure you will agree with me it does not look cheap it looks an expensive piece and add up the advertising revenue from the ads, the publisher is making an ASTRONOMICAL AMOUNT OF MONEY I believe BTIA is also on a commission on the advertisers payments which seems off to me as by paying them commision on sales it increases the cost to the private sector but I guess thats how the publisher got this lucrative contract.

Croc

Last edited by CROC; 01/13/08 02:00 AM.
elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Barnacle
it also seems the only way to get any mention in the text is to buy a color advertisement.
overwhelmingly, the large places can afford the text.

Thats the way all mags. and newspapers are.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
S
S
Croc is right. I tracked my results and they were...Zero. The first time I advertised was the last time.

A
A
In this day and age of technology Destination Belize should be in DVD format for easy mailing. The print copy is decades outdated as an effective advertising tool.

Wendy Auxillou

Wendy Auxillou
Auxillou Beach Suites
Caye Caulker, Belize
www.auxilloubeachsuites.com
Not to mention the fact that the only time I can get my hands on the mag, is when I'm actually in San Pedro. Then I bring a copy back home, share it with friends and in short order I lose my copy.

Maybe next time I'll see what I can do about bringing back more than one copy.

All that said, Amanda's idea is much better. My way costs something in the neighborhood of $3000, just to get started on distribution.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Great idea Wendy - a dvd would be a much easier method of distribution in some cases.

seashell pm your address - I'll mail you one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.