Next Thread
Print Thread
#263433 01/18/08 09:45 AM
G
OP Offline
G
I was reading today's san pedro daily
http://sanpedrodaily.com/
And there is a story regarding election day. I am flying into san pedro on 2/7/08(election day) and I'm wondering what to expect of the election. I read that the police will stop the sale of liquour which concerns me some, cause after a long flight, it would be nice to have a cold beer. Also wondering if there is anything else I should be aware of. Is there a lot of political tension in belize now? I'd guess even if there was that AC would be pretty laid back about it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone's having a wonderful day - I know mined be better if I was in AC.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about arriving on election day. For the most part it should be peaceful and exciting. There will definitely be small pockets of more heated groups of supporters, mainly limited to party headquarters and town halls etc.

I believe the ban on liquor sales in only during the hours that the polling stations are open. They usually open from around 8 am through 6 pm (I'll see if I can find out.) So technically you can probably get an evening cocktail. If you drink liquor maybe you should buy a bottle in the duty free shops and then you can definitely buy mixers here in Belize.

Also some of the resorts that have private bars may be able to sell you drinks if you are discrete.

There are few voters in Belize so the results usually come in during the night. Everything should be over by morning and folks will get back to the business of making money and serving our visitors.

B
B
I've heard no liquor all day...until midnight...

S
S
Usually till 6PM..

Would a liquor ban also affect the day trip boats? Would hate to go snorkeling without some rum punch! :-)

mikeywaz

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.