Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P

im doing some research..ive traveled to a bunch islands in the caribbean and ive heard about Belize and Amberis from a couple i was diving with in Turks andCaicos last year.please help...im going in early May with my wife and 2 kids 5 and 7 looking for

1. great diving
2. Great beaches
3 some resatauants
4 some fun activity for the kids
5. A hotel that has an ok pool and a better chance for other kids to be at

think this is a good place to go? also any hotel recomendations for a better end hotel?

thanks

Dave

Look at Xanadu or Banyon Bay on Ambergris Caye.

C
C
1-4 is covered just by being in AC - #5 I can't help you with because we often rent houses or condos when we travel. When are you going to be in AC?

Live Laugh Love
S
S
Banana Beach has a nice pool that usually has some kids around. Banyan Bay also has a nice pool with more kids. No great beaches on AC except for Victoria house - which usually does not have many kids. Snorkeling is always great for kids. Hope you have fun and enjoy your time on AC

S
S
Over half of the population of Belize are kids...they're everywhere!

agree with mojo that 1-3 are covered just by being there.

i will let others more knowledgeable answer the rest. my only advice is go with an open mind and few expectations - AC isnt for everybody.

most of us love it - some don't.

Butterfly jungle is fun for kids.
http://www.butterflyjungle.bz/

Pedro's has pizza and Wii also good to keep kids entertained.

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Agree - items 1-3 are covered and Pedro's for pizza and video games!

4 - fun activities for kids: snorkel at Shark Ray Alley/Hol Chan; take a golf cart ride south to view birds, wildlife, etc; walk the beach daily; collect hermit crabs; take a golf cart ride north and stop somewhere for lunch and let the kids take a swim in another place's pool; eat breakfast in town on the beach (Estels' or Lili's); visit Amigo's del Mar dock to observe sea creatures; go fishing off a pier; play on playground in Central Park; visit Mar de Tumbo beach on weekends

5 - hotels/condos: Banana Beach, Banyan Bay, Miramar (*Owner disclosure*), maybe the Palms or Royal Palm?

I also have to agree with SJ in that Belize is not Turks, so if you are expecting an all-inclusive, 5 star resort in a hotel zone, this may not be the place for you. However, if you have a sense of adventure and can handle beautiful natural scenery, a variety of snorkeling/diving spots, lots of great places to eat and some of the world's nicest people, then Belize may be a good fit.

PM me if you have more questions. Our kids (ages 3, 6 and 8) are regular visitors and can't wait for their next trip!

Agree with Banyan Bay & Xanadu to meet other tourist kids (pools have shallow ends). The Tides & Blue Tang Inn to meet local kids.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.