Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I can tell that many of you posters have not had much experience with large groups and single bills at a restaurant. Even in the extraordinary chance that each party had the same number of drinks, the same meals, etc., there's always a few that leave the table without paying, or short pay or don't tip . whatever.

What this always means is that those at the table last have to pony up the balance. And the pony up amount is always a larger amount of cash than anyone would have imagined.

Hey, like Ernie said, some will have the $11 meal, some will have the $20 meal, some will have one Club Soda and some will drink 12 drinks . .who is going to figure out who pays what?

Better that you guys ask for separate bills in your choice groups or on an individual basis. I'm sure the restaurant staff would prefer differently but hey . . .in the end, their tips will be larger, so if they whine, just make sure they are told that.

Have fun you gang.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Maybe it could be done groups to make it easier, you could break it down individually for bills by table.

So the wait staff would have a few bills to deal with, and sorting out who owes what is easier for a group of 6 than 30

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Please add "vienna sausages" as well as users "db" to the dinner list. Thanks!

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Here's the deal.
The Blue Water wanted me to pick from a banquet menu. I aksed if we could just order off of the menu, becuase I had no clue what everyone would want. Some menus had Key Lime Pie, some didn't. Some had seafood and pork, others chicken and lobster dishes.
So let's just all meet there at 6ish for dinner at 7.
We will hash out the details of payment there, but it has to be EASY for the staff.
Whoever tries to stiff us on the bill will go for a free skydive, without a parachute...but I really don't see it being a problem!
See you guys there!!!!!!

Geez Reaper, I hope you have plenty of experience herding cats. You're going to need it!

I've already told you more than I know.
Originally Posted by reaper
Whoever tries to stiff us on the bill will go for a free skydive, without a parachute

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J
J
Pls count myself and Doug in we are new to the island and would love to meet everyone smile Thanks for arranging

Can I come?....Hope to be on Vacation from the cold west coast [Vancouver Island] of Canada by that time
bv

Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes. Oscar Wilde
reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
JMarie and beevee, you are in!

reaper Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I guess this has just turned into an 'Engagement" party! And the Happy Cappy is loaded down with Ben Frankilin's thanks to the Giants!!
Rest Up everyone!!!!!!!

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.