Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
For anyone who doesn't know, this is a massive development across the south end of Ambergris Caye that according to their website (http://www.southbeachbelize.com/index.php) is already approved and will definitely happen.

As many have observed already, it is essentially a recreation of Miami South Beach on a smaller scale. It will not just change Ambergris Caye, it will totally subsume it, or at any rate the southern part. And clearly it will be an ecological disaster. The most dramatic example of "killing the goose that lays the golden egg".

A local person, unnamed, lists himself as the contact point, number 226-2769. Does anyone have any idea who this person might be?

And since money is behind most of what happens here, who expects to make their millions from this project? Assuming the government does actually change in the election, it seem that stopping this and the bird caye developments is of the highest priority. Otherwise we can expect the whole island to become like Cancun, with a dead reef just offshore.

The cynical self-interest of the people who have managed to gain political control is mind-boggling.

I think it's the same developer from Reef Village.

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
pedro2, just call the number and maybe you will find out!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
I know it's the developer from Reef Village. He sent me the preliminary drawings, asking for investors. The Mayoress has approved this, as has Musa, so what can we do now? Just stand by and watch it happen?

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
P
P
I have heard that it is the same developer

That's to bad. I know most of the reason we come to AC is that it is still laid back and not built up.

It makes us very sad that we will lose more of the "old" AC.

please see 'green reef' thread for more info on this. thx.

B
B
Old News
//ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/255449/fpart/1

H
H
I wouldn't worry too much about this. The bottomline is that the international airport arrivels combined with the border arrivels will not support an investment like this. Investors would be foolish to even think about a project like this, unless they don't care loosing a lot of dough....
Just my 2 cents.

In the past I would have said don't worry about this ever happening either. Used to be the lack of infrastructure & general Belize disorganization kept pipe dreams like this from ever becoming reality. Not so anymore. Look at Placencia....way less infrastructure and tremendous building and huge resort complexes in progress. The chain hotels will be coming too. Bet on it.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.