Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
So I am getting work permit papers together for myself and 3 other family members, it's all ready to go, but now I'm stuck........

I tried to call the Immigration department, (3 different phone #'s) and no one has answered....for a week.

So here are my questions:

1. Where is the best place to take the permit papers? Do I take them to Belize City, Belmopan, or is there somewhere in San Pedro?

2. Does everyone have to come, or can just one person take them all there?

3. Is there specific days to drop them off?

4. Why can't someone answer the phone at Immigration in Belmopan or Belize City?

If you have any info that might help...it would be appreciated. I am hoping to get these dropped off tomorrow......hmmm

I believe you submit applications for Work Permits to the Labour Department, not to Immigration.

There is an office for each department in San Pedro.
Phone number for San Pedro Labour Dept - 226-2687

I have received complaints from friends and associates who try to call me from out of country, saying I am not answering the phone and that it rings and rings but no answer. BUT I am right here next to the phone when this is happening. I assume that the problems you are having getting calls through to Immigration are of the same origin - what that may be is unknown.

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks, I'll try that right now.
Also, we have had people from Canada trying to call for 2 days, and yes, it just rings and rings..........joys of island life!

C
OP Offline
C
Do you know where the labour dept is?

S
S
Labour in San Pedro is right across from the 5 a side court.

U
U
1. Where is the best place to take the permit papers? Do I take them to Belize City, Belmopan, or is there somewhere in San Pedro?

Take the permit papers to Immigration in Belmopan since that is where they will end up anyways...it's the most expedient way. The labor department doesn't deal with work permits anymore.

2. Does everyone have to come, or can just one person take them all there?

It's probably better if everyone comes since the immigration officer will go through each application separately and inventory the contents to make sure everything is there. If only one person can drop them off it's probably not the end of the world

3. Is there specific days to drop them off?

No, but you can't pay for them on Mon. since the clerk isn't there.

4. Why can't someone answer the phone at Immigration in Belmopan or Belize City?

Welcome to Belize!

S
S
A fast tract system is in place for investors with larger projects.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net

Welcome to Belize!

I have never, ever had an issue of anyone answering and have called numerous times and always get an answer immediately. Unlike in the states where you hear a computer and push buttons then listen to elevator music and wait. "Your approximate wait time is 12 minutes." Then click, click, and you get disconnected and have to start over.

You need to take the paperwork to Belmopan Immigration Dept, they handle the paperwork not Labor Dept as Uncle Buck said.

U
U
I have never, ever had an issue of anyone answering and have called numerous times and always get an answer immediately. Unlike in the states where you hear a computer and push buttons then listen to elevator music and wait. "Your approximate wait time is 12 minutes." Then click, click, and you get disconnected and have to start over.

If you can get anyone on the phone at Immigration in Belmopan by Friday ill give you +100 Kudos.

Good luck!

smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.