Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#265088 01/30/08 11:53 AM
S
OP Offline
S
....for a flatscreen TV? Would people need flatscreen TV's if they didn't invent and market them.

Why is it that I saw a family from the USA crying on CNN because they can't buy a huge TV that they need for the Superbowl, when just a 1000 miles away, in our side of the World, people are forced to feed their children and themselves dirt?, f'in' MUD man!!!

WTF people?, get a grip! Be thankful for what you have. No vacation this year -vs- eating dirt, perspective. Perhaps?

SIN

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
No matter how big/expensive they get, regardless of the fact that the programming has hit bottom and still digging, people will buy them. Somehow the perspective has been lost.

CNN is not perspective. smile Would those people have been on the dole by any chance?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
AMEN SIN....

Take the road less traveled
SIN, I seem to be in agreement with you the majority of the time. Not like before. laugh Which one of us has changed?

i am perfectly happy without one. we have a guy in one of our associations who is a year behind on his payments (to the tune of a few grand). we filed on him and are getting ready to have a sheriff's sale to get the $ cuz he is broke. dontcha know, when bf got the guy to open his door, he had an ENORMOUS full-wall size flat screen tv in his living room.

i have to remind our kids to get a grip all the time. i remind them of how we saw the happy 'less fortunate' kids who will probably never have what they already have.

seems to me that people see what others have and they feel they must be entitled to that stuff too.

Last edited by sweetjane; 01/30/08 12:26 PM. Reason: i kent spel
Heck, I don't even buy cable... so I go to a local bar/grill to watch the Tigers play!

I dunno what I'm gonna do when all the TV's in the US have to be digital.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
When's that happening in the US? In Europe all analogue channels will be turned off by (I think) 2012.

I think it's 2009. We are way ahead of those dudes where it's most annoying. laugh

I think I saw 2010 but I'm not sure.

eh, doesn't mean you have to run out and buy an expensive new tv. You may have to pick up a set-top converter for, probably, less than $50, but that is much cheaper than a new tv.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.