Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Destri, Banana Beach is a great place with a couple of decent sized pools. Regardless, I'm going to suggest that you take it off your list.

And before anyone jumps all over me, I'll tell you why.

From what Destri says, these are 4 youngish people that appear to like to party and want to be able to easily walk around in town. Having a bit of experience with partying, I know that people can get separated. That being the case, it would be better if they were closer to town and it would be a small thing for a single (girl) to walk home by herself at night.

IMNSHO, this would not be wise (or a small matter) for her to do from town at night.

I'm on board for The Tides. I checked out their suites and particularly the mainfloor two bedroom, was awesome.

I'm on board for Paradise Villas. Great location and very nice grounds. Around their pool is a great place for sunbathing, though not right *on* the beach.

The Blue Tang has a good room. #11, I think it is. Not quite sure if you'd like to have four in there though? Is anyone willing to share a bed? This is an absolutely huge room, has two queens and a queen hideabed. The room I'm thinking of doesn't face directly to the beach, but does look north up the beach.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

By the way, when you say "loud", just what is it that you mean? smile

You might want to check out the Mayan Princess too. It has a couple of rooms that might suit. There's a room on the second floor on the southside that is a suite and has a large separate bedroom, with two fullsized beds in it, IIRC.

Room #15, is an ordinary suite, queen bed in sleeping area, queen pullout in seating area, but there is also a small (really small) bedroom with bunkbeds in it. This small room, is connected by a little hallway, that is shut off from the main hotel hallway by the hotel room door. But on top of that, the small room has it's own door and so does the main suite.

Last year, I had that unit and some friends came to stay with me. Worked out great! Only little hiccup in the arrangement (for me) is that the bathroom is right beside the sleeping area. Well, OK, it was only a hiccup for me when my friends staying in the little room, wanted to use the facilities when I was trying to sleep. wink

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

I'm with Seashell on this one, B.B.is nice but at least a mile & 1/2 from town. I would go with the Tides, located very close to edge of town(less than 5 min.) I think they include breakfast, they have a small dipping pool & Bar. Great Bar close by in Wet Willys. I also like Mayan Princess, center of town & all beach front Balconies.
I think first timers should stay close to town to get the real feel for S.P.

Last edited by J DOG; 01/31/08 07:47 AM.
D
Destri Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The walking alone part is certainly something to think about. I'm quite sure we will get separated, and I would like to be able to go from town to home to rest, freshen up, etc.

I also think these particular people can out-party me, so I'll probably be the one walking home. Who knows, though? If I get enough rum punch in me, I might be able to compete.

I don't think we'll be too loud. But, we will be drinking and hanging out, and we do get a bit boisterous.

Thanks so much for giving me particular room numbers and layouts. That will help a lot.

I appreciate all your opinions. And, the next four months are going to be an almost unbearable wait. I'm sure I will keep having questions, so I appreciate this board very much.

Butch the bartendar at the Tides is way cool too... he works outside next to the pool and always had one ready for us as we walked the beach from the Seven Seas (which is a nice place too!!) to the center of town. We spent almost every evening there as we crawled and stumbled "home" at nite.. or was it morning? smile

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.