Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265869 02/03/08 10:37 AM
J
JeanH Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I'm so glad to be back in San Pedro. Weather is just about perfect.

But, now, I have something to whine about. We have a condo at Coral Bay, about a mile south of town. We always walk. We just don't want to deal with a golf cart. Anyway, we were late getting here last night, arrived after dark. So, we unpack, and head up the beach to BC's for a beer.

My goodness but it's dark by where that condo construction is next to Belize Yacht Club. I know there used to be a light there. ON top of that, there's some dredging and it's really hard to figure out where you can walk.

Is there any way to get some sort of lights around there? I know we aren't the only people who walk the beach after dark.

Thanks for any ideas. I recall a few years ago some city officialsor tourism people or some such officials,actually walked the beach at night and pinpointed where it was too dark.

I
I
Take a torch (aka 'flashlight' for our American friends)...

I'm sure you'll see hell freeze over before you see a light installed on a stretch of beach bordered by an unused or deserted lot, like the one next door to Canuck's.

Anyway, this place has way too much light pollution as it is - enjoy a bit of darkness on the beach, while it lasts. Stop, look up, and gaze in wonder at the starry night sky!!

"You live and learn. At any rate, you live." - Douglas Adams
And carry a big stick, or some pepper spray (Just in case)

E
E
A snub nose .38

S
S
That'll earn you a 10 year visit to the queens resort.

Only 9mm allowed in Belize!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Have you noticed that BYC are extending their seawall so it takes over the public slip just south of their new extended property?

free stay at the Hattieville Hilton

J
JeanH Offline OP
OP Offline
J
After walking the beach yesterday in the daylight, there is a pole with a light fixture, but no bulbs. I'd invest in some bulbs if I thought I wouldn't get electrocuted putting them in.

I do understand about light pollution, but this is a tourist thoroughfare and a construction site besides. It should be lit so no one falls off the sea wall and breaks a leg.

Anyway, I'm off my soap box and back to my lounger on the beach....

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.