Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#26581 09/15/00 10:35 AM
Most of the places you mention are good spots, but for what it's worth if I were going to have to choose among these I would put The Palms, Banana Beach and Caribbean Villas at the top, based on the size of the units and good, friendly management. The Palms and Banana Beach are condotels with big, bright, clean suites/apartments. Caribbean Villas isn't a condotel but most units are suites or apartments, and management/ownership is first rate. It does not have a pool. I also like SunBreeze for its location, pool and management, though the rooms aren't in the same league as those at The Palms or Banana Beach.

If I had to pick just one, it would probably be The Palms, because I usually like to stay close to town and it has a pool, though I really, really like the seafront units at Banana Beach, and I like the quiet and the Mar de Tumbo beach, and I think Banana Beach is really well run with great prices. But any of these three, and with perhaps one exception any of the others would be very accommodating. In the end it might come down to price.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#26582 09/15/00 10:48 AM
OrionHunter;
Lan's got it right again. I'd have to flip a coin if I had to choose between the Palms and Caribbean Villas. (Of course we are VERY partial to CV's location so it'd win). If you read an earlier post on this topic, that I mistakenly addressed to Patrick, you will see what the one exception might be.

#26583 09/15/00 12:28 PM
The fundamental issue is the purpose for your stay. If your on vacation, all your choices are great. But for the most part, you'll be sitting around with other vacationers talking about Mosquitoes. If your still checking Belize out for a future home, ya need ta stay near the Ex-Pats, take everything with a grain of salt, and DON'T get in a hurry. Avoid the quick deal. My best advice would be to have breakfast near the front table at Estelles By The Seas EVERY morning. After awhile, Charlie Estelle might bless ya with his wisdom. Don't try ta chase him around, he decides who is worthington.

Gone fishing!!
#26584 09/15/00 01:36 PM
Bill;
That "Charlie Estelle" and "worthington" thing is just too clever. Helps to have an appreciation for OLD music, too.

#26585 09/15/00 01:58 PM
LOL.....it really helps if you tell old Charlie you read about him on the internet and bring him some old music as a gift!
Cassettes only please...LOL It might help to get you a seat at his infamous table!

#26586 09/15/00 04:50 PM
O
OP Offline
O
To all of you that took the time to answer--thanks [Linked Image] I now know you can drink the H2O even if it's yucky! I know where to go to meet ex-pats and have bisquits and gravy(yum) Sandshaker's hubby likes to fish and will loan us poles and maybe even go with us JOY [Linked Image]
Choochoo--you are too cryptic for me--explain "exception"por favor.
The price at Lily's is great-but my son will demand a pool (preferably stocked with hot chicks in Bikinis) [Linked Image]
I am TOTALLY seduced by Sunbreezes' website and their pool..but wonder if I'll miss not having a kitchen and living room.
The Palms website isn't complete-so I can't view their rooms, but their prices seem ok,and everyone says it's nice.
Banana Beach also looks good...7th nite free.
Just about to enter the home stretch and make a final decision when...oops...I clicked onto Paradise Villas...WOW...beautiful rooms, pool, centrally located,good rates, and all that FREE STUFF!!!
Debbie--did you get all the free stuff when you stayed there and did your room look as good as the one on the website???
Decisions Decisions [Linked Image]

#26587 09/15/00 04:59 PM
F
F
Any of these places have a bar on the beach?

I'm looking for someplace where I can relax and have a drink in my hand most of the time.

#26588 09/15/00 05:21 PM
Orion; Yah...Paradise Villas. That would be a great choice. You'll have to roam a bit for the ex-pat gringos, but that's half the fun. The exception would be #5 on your original list. Just my opinion.

As far as beach bars...there are no lack of bars in San Pedro, beach or otherwise. For those so inclined it is almost too easy to have a drink in your hand most of the time. Fixing them in your room works pretty good too, or so I am told. Failing that someone will surely pop in and list all of the resorts, condotels, etc.that have beach bars. I lose track since it is not one of my human failings. (Keeping accurate count of the bars, that is.)

[This message has been edited by CHOOCHOO (edited 09-15-2000).]

#26589 09/15/00 05:24 PM
F
F
anybody have any experience with Cocnuts hotel? This place looks pretty nice (and a beach bar in the photo!)

#26590 09/15/00 05:41 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Finsterbaby,
Everyone says that Coconuts is a very nice place to stay and the bar is hoping (kinda makes you think of Cocktail right?) They provide free bikes for use to their guests also. The only drawback for me would be the lack of a pool. As much as I love being in the ocean,sometimes you just want to cool off in freshwater--know what I mean? When is your trip ?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.