Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Two old guys, both divorced and technically seniors (although I stopped recognizing my birthday a long time ago so I'm still 27 - really), are planning a two week trip to SP. So, we have a few standard questions. A little about our "priorities" to start: decompress, fish, party and not necessarily in that order. Being from Florida we do like to fish and definitely the beach bars and live music.

The first is, of the plethora of places I've seen discussed, for two old single guys not terribly interested in family type places, for under say $150/night total close to town (i.e. the bars and resteraunts we can easily stumble back from) which are the best? I've seen a ton listed like The Tides, Sun Breeze, Corona Del Mar, Banana Beach, Spindrift and I've looked at a ton on ambergriscaye.com/pages/lodge/lodging.html. We sort of have this problem always finding places with mostly couples and kids. Anything a little less family there, no offense to anyone?

Second, any fishing guides you could recommend? My passion is tarpon but generally anything inshore/flats will do.

Third, while we may be technically seniors and single doesn't mean we have given up "hope". So any advice on (seniors) singles gathering places could be helpful - assuming oxygen is readily available and we can rent walkers somewhere.

Thanks in advance for any help.

When do you plan on making the trip?

At what age is it determined I am old enough to know better?
In the event you two "Old Fartz" speak "Fly Fishing" fluently, you are invided to stop by Wet Willys after supper for a Belikins and Cuban Cigar. Just look for a ROF that suffers severly from the "old and ugly" syndrome, is most likely sun burned and is smoking a Cohiba. We can then begin a serious discussion of flats fishing and the identification of truly quality flats guides. If you didn't bring an 8wt you buy. Son and I arrive 2/29

Last edited by Don Greife; 02/06/08 08:02 PM.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
S
S
Definitely go to Exotic Caye and check into Canuck's Beach Bar...The best place on the beach!!!

P
P
Briannas Beach House. In your budget, you get your own two bedroom house on the beach with kitchen - if needed, fridge for some cold ones on the balcony, great little bar next door and just ten minutes walk from town.

P
P
.......great fishing guide right next door too - Eloy Gonzalez.

http://www.sanpedroholiday.com/

Actually you guys might enjoy the Holiday House
Right in town no pool so IMO few children staying
Beach is used for walking so it can be fun just hanging on your porch with a great view.
I've enjoyed their restaurant/bar/ BarBQ & nice service,I never stayed there - but I would!
Belize it!

spartan11, I don't think you will be bothered by the families... I just don't recall seeing an overwhelming amount of them staying in town. I really like Sunbreeze but have seen kidos there... you'll be fine! smile

Any bar is sure to have some kool refined folk! smile

Hey Spartan11, I'll give you a report after I get back in March (3/3-12). I'm a senior and by old buddy (although he denies the senior status) will be staying at Ruby's Hotel on the beach downtown. Lot's of great stuff planned and all people on this board have been wonderful.

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
spartan 11 go to the web site fishingsanpedro.com my buddy steve brokers for ten local guides prices are cheap steve takes credit cards a plus here .try to fish with pete graniel or abel gurrero .steve is a gringo and can help steer you to all the local places you need to know about[bars ].He is a great guy..tight lines to you and good fishing !! Your in for a good time...Enjoy

Living The Dream Every Day!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.