Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
OP Offline
L
Okay, a little back ground first. I have been to San Pedro three times. Once I stayed at White Sands. LOVED the place, wish I could stay there again, but staying up North is just too inconvenient for me. The next two times I stayed at the Mayan Princess. I thought our room was nice, loved sitting on the balcony watching the "traffic" and loved being closed to a lot of bars and resturants.

So what's my point?

Well, I am returning to San Pedro for a fourth time in May and I can not decide weather I want to stay at the Mayan Princess again or Corona Del Mar. So I need opinions. Not about the places themselves, but on the location. Obviously I like the location of the Mayan Princess, but I am wondering if I am "missing" something by not changing locations this time.

So please tell me what YOU like about staying south of town vs staying in town. Also, if anyone could tell me in real life how long does it take to walk from Corona to say.. Fido's.

Thank you in advance
Joanne

C
C
Corona's is a great place, close to Canuks! The walk to Fido's would maybe be 10 minutes? The beach in front of Corona's is nice, with a nice pier there too. Plus, you'd get to meet all the great people staying there...

It depends... If I'm there with friends, I like to stay in town so I can crawl home from the bars. If I'm there with family, I like to stay in a quieter location (south not north). I always rent a cart anyway though so staying far south isn't a problem for me.

But you will enjoy it either way.

I'd think a change in location would be nice. You'd be closer to the places you probably don't get so see as often and there are some great eats etc. south... nice change!

Have fun!

you asked personal opinions: rent a cart and stay south. it is lovely, peaceful, and only a few minutes from the fun. have a great time!

Try south get a cart ,it is vey nice south and with a golf cart my place is ten min to town I have a place a royal palm next to mata rocks and banana beach you hve the best of both worlds .. ...Go live the dream and enjoy..

Living The Dream Every Day!
"watching the "traffic"
the traffic is different south - more water traffic to see less foot traffic.
I agree on getting a golf cart!
IMO try a new location -you can always change for the next visit!
I do like walking to breakfast at Estelle's on the beach (easy from Mayan Princess) but I would show up in my cart too!
If you like North so much then maybe south has a bit of what you enjoyed up there & close to everything you enjoyed in town!
The walk back always takes longer!!
Belize it!

J
J
Our condo is a little further south than Corona del Mar. We have never rented a golf cart, always walk or bike everywhere.

You could probaby walk to Fido's in 10 minutes from Corona del Mar, but you'd be 'power walking'.

You could try moving just a little south and stay at Belizean Reef or the Palms this time. Before we bought here, we stayed at Belizean Reef. Nice condos. Nice location. Owning here, I'm glad to be a bit further from town.

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you everyone for your replys. I am starting to lean toward a new location. (Now can I get my hubby to agree! laugh )

JeanH - Looking at the Belizean Reef is an excellent idea. I will show that place to my husband.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.