Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
whose signs?

from a friend

looks like UDP. just ran into a few big PUP's who didn't sound too happy. Counting starts soon.

B
B
Are you saying that the UDP is heading it? I'm hearing Love FM online here in Germany and it sounds that some PUP's are already going home in a town in the mainland.

love fm:
San Pedro 7:30pm update

4,049 voters turned out in San Pedro which is apart of the Belize Rural South constituency. The number which showed up at the polls today represents 74% f voters in that division.

Cayo South 7:30 update

Question

How do you think the redistricting of the constituencies will affect the number of votes you get?

Ramon Witz, standard bearer for the United Democratic Party for Cayo South:

"I don't think that it will affect us any at all�I am happy with the turn out and don't believe it [redistricting of constituencies] will affect us any at all."

early guess is udp in my book. but i ain't counting ballots just taking the temperature. informal poll.

Weather may be a factor in Belize elections
Thursday, 07 February 2008
Belizeans voted under stormy skies on Thursday.

Long lines were observed at polling stations even as heavy rains threatened to affect the flow of voters throughout the day.

Meteorological officials say a cold front had become stationary over the Yucatan Peninsula and would dump showers mainly over the northern and inland areas of the country.

"I'm a little worried about the weather," Opposition Leader Dean Barrow told the Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC) just before casting his ballot.

"The forecasters had told us we would have a good day; that rain was only to be expected in the late afternoon and that's certainly how it had turned out.

"There is always the question of mobilisation when the weather is as it is now, but that apart I'm still extremely confident, still certain that the people of Belize have made up their minds, the dye is cast and the United Democratic Party (UDP) will record a great victory," Barrow added.

The UDP, which has been in opposition since 1998, is seeking to unseat the Said Musa-led People's United Party which is seeking an unprecedented third straight term in office.

"I am very optimistic about the outcome," Musa told CMC, but he too was concerned about the unstable weather and how it would affect the turn out of voters.

"The weather is a little unkind today, but our people have been coming out.

We just want to make sure that we get the majority overall.

"I still believe, despite the inclement weather that people will come out and vote because this election, there has been a lot of enthusiasm, particularly over the last two months. The energy level has been very high, the moment has been strong for the People's United Party and I feel very confident."

There are 157,000 eligible voters, and a record 93 candidates vying for the 31 seats in the House of Assembly.

In addition to the vote for the parliamentary representatives, there is also a referendum ballot determine if the electorate favoured an elected senate.

The polls are closed at 6:00pm local time (8:00pm ECT) and the count is scheduled to start two hours later.

Election officials say a result should be known by midnight, local time.

The polls are now closed in Thursday's general election in Belize.

A record 93 candidates have been vying for the 31 seats at stake in Parliament.

The election will determine whether the incumbent People's United Party led by Prime Minister Said Musa will be returned to office for a third term or whether it will be victory for Dean Barrow of the opposition United Democratic Party.

Acting Chief Election officer, Ruth Maine said the turn out was slow this morning.

"The process has been quite smooth except for some hitches here and there. We haven't has any major concerns since the polls open this morning," she said.

B
B
I think you have a very excellent and hopefully accurate guess. I feel it will be Red this year.

S
S
4,049 voters turned out in San Pedro which is a part of the Belize Rural South constituency. The number which showed up at the polls today represents 74% of voters in that division.

S
S
Caye Caulker- 521 voters 80.53%
San Pedro- 3528 voters 73.15%

Division Total 4049 74.02%

Last edited by Jesse; 02/07/08 10:14 PM.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.