Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Is the dawning of a new day .??? UDP WINS . Now a new goverment...How does this efect sanpedro?? I never get involed in politics !!!! As A once a month vistor I was just happy to be able to live in my condo and live the dream !! but what now for my friends who are belizians???????

Living The Dream Every Day!
Is UDP red or blue?

S
S
UDP = Red

thank thee!

S
S
Only time will tell what it means.

JZB Offline
I'm hoping the results will work in San Pedro's favor since now we are red all the way down the line. But on the other hand, Dean Barrow scares me. Then again, how much worse could he be than Musa? Simon is right, only time will tell.
I'm just glad all those horrible campaign ads are over!

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
The end of corruption, jobs and prosperity for all, lower prices, increased visitor numbers, improved policing, better dealing with garbage, better roads and infrastructure generally, conservation of our eco-heritage, ...

... all things I'm not holding my breath for.

I have not paid a lot of attention to who represented what in the recent Belizean elections, partly because I find it difficult to not add my 2 cents worth to any debate, and this was an issue for the people of Belize.

I do have 2 comments now it's over:

The turnout seems to have been in the 68-70% range, which is wonderful, and it seems to be that the "younger" a country is, the more involved the populace becomes. In Iraq and Afghanistan, voter turnout was over 80% despite threats of death and violence, whereas in the states a 50% is considered heavy voting: this in a country that with more entitlements than most of the world can even begin to imagine, and yet it's filled with people who can't seem to stop complaining about how much more they should get!

Any time is see a phrase like landslide victory over leftist PUP (Marty post #266895, last night) I feel good about the free electoral process (as I would had the incumbents been ultra right)

As I stated before in other posts, Freedom means different things to different people.

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
"The real value of freedom is not to the minority that wants to talk, but to the majority, that does not want to listen."

I can never remember which is better . . . safe? . . . or sorry?
When I was there recently I overheard a conversation in a restaurant, between three well dressed guys, that were discussing the possibilities for a series of constitutional ammendments. Anybody heard of such talk?

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (dabunk), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.