Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#267235 02/10/08 03:36 PM
OP Offline
I have a new client and the client has a new computer for me. It's a Dell. I know nothing about these sorts of things. However, when I log on, my desktop has some info on the right hand side of the screen. One little box is for the current weather. One little box is daily news and the third box is a picture, which changes.

I first noticed a picture taken at dusk of a dock that had a palapa at its end, and nice low lighting regularly interspersed. I thought to myself, "that looks like a picture that could have been taken in Belize. I wonder where it is?".

Days went by and I started to notice that other pictures were coming up, many other pictures. I realized that I truly did recognize them, especially when I saw the picture of the guy trying to pull the bike out of the ocean at the end of a dock.

"For heaven's sake!" says I to myself. These pictures are all from tacogirl's blog. How they got there, I'll never know but I can't help but wonder if these pictures are coming up on computers all over the world. If so, the number of hits on tacogirl's blog must be just incredible.

Nice break for me too, many times a day . . every time I see these pics, I find my thoughts wandering off to Belize instead of being focussed on work, as I should be. smile It was bad enough before I had those pictures showing up. You can only imagine how it is for me now.

Good for you tacogirl!!!!!

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

seashell #267239 02/10/08 04:53 PM
OK TacoGirl, who are you really????? I want to know how to do that also. That would be great. My wallpaper is SP at sunrise and my screen saver is 20 pics off the AC web site. Alink of somekind to TG. Do we get that when we register at your site?

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #267248 02/10/08 05:54 PM
SS - What you are most likely seeing are "gadgets", a feature of Windows Sidebar - new with Vista. I suspect the slideshow viewer is an add-on. I've yet to find a way for the default slideshow gadget to access the web for images. It only displays those on the hard-drive.

Gadgets/wikis/etc been around for awhile. Mr. Gates just decided to add his own in the release of Vista.

Is your new client aware of your affinty for SP? wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #267249 02/10/08 06:02 PM
OP Offline
Yes!! Klcman that's it. It's Vista software. But how did the pictures from Tacogirl's blog get there? I've saved no pictures on the hard drive and they seem to be randomly selected. Also, there were existing pictures there, when I took over this computer, including the picture of the dock at dusk.

And yes, I believe my client is aware of my affinity for SP, but not because it has been checking out my usage. wink

seashell #267251 02/10/08 06:22 PM
Do us both a favor....ask your client's IT dude (or dudette).

As I said, I've yet to find a way to link web images directly. He/she either has or kindly downloaded them to the hard drive for your viewing pleasure.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #267265 02/10/08 08:46 PM
KLCMan, Vista is the clue, but I'm not going there. OH well, I'll just log on to TacoGirl's site site when I want the images!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
azbob #267273 02/10/08 11:33 PM
OP Offline
My client doesn't have an IT guy.

seashell #267274 02/10/08 11:58 PM
It's called an RSS feed. All blogs have them and you must have clicked to subscribe to it.

OP Offline
Nope. Maybe by complete accident. Where would I find this RSS place to click on?

seashell #267279 02/11/08 12:12 AM
There is usually a redish/orange icon on a blog that you click to subscribe. http://www.feedburner.com/fb/images/pub/feed-icon32x32.png is the icon on Taco-girl's blog, but there are other standards for the icon out there.

Sometimes the icon will have the text "rss" or "xml" in it too.

Last edited by deadserious; 02/11/08 12:13 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.