Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Since this trip is often asked about I thought I would do a mini trip report. (my blog has price lists and timing)

Last Friday, we went to meet Pauls sister and brother in law in Playa Del Carmen. We had done this route once before to meet my Parents but did not fully remember prices and timing.

This time around was a bit different because we met fellow bloggers Rob and Michele recently visiting San Pedro through Paul and Cindy our friends here who also blog.

As soon as I knew we were going I emailed Michele and she gave us advice on where to stay - Hotel Alux (Alush) She also took us all for a cenote day with her kids and we had a great time.

Paul and I both agreed 3 days was a bit short and it would have been nice to have one extra day.

Day 1 - San Pedro to Playa Del Carmen
Day 2 - Cenote day
Day 3 - Play Del Carmen to San Pedro

wow. very cool.

love it. Always the best. The picture are awesome!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
C
C
Thanks for the tip on Hotel Alux, we are always looking for clean,reasonably priced hotels.

OP Offline
Thanks All.

Cybercayecaulker Hotel Alux was easy to find and there is a net cafe right close by and the 5th ave strip as well with all the shops and restaurants.

I found it very helpful that Michele gave us the recommend as last time when we did not know any friends there and I was trying to book a place online I found lots of hotels but we did not book online to much choice and we did not know much about overnighting there (had only done a day trip in past from Cancun)

Next time for Hotel Alux I would reserve a few days ahead so we knew before leaving (you an only reserve but not pay for a room on their site as they do cash only)

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.