Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#26739 09/19/00 10:04 PM
B
B
Boy, most all of you have more interesting lives than myself...but here goes....I'm Vicki, 52, and a mother of 3 and grandmother of 3. I am an adoptee who searched for and found (only 2 years ago) my birth family. At least most of it. I live in NW Florida (with my husband, Rick, who just turned 50 this year. We have been married forever (30 years is forever isn't it? [Linked Image] ). I've lived here all of my life but I do love to travel and have been from one side of this country to the other, plus Canada, all over the Carribean, and most recently Italy. We love to cruise and are going again next month. Belize is my first love. We made our first trip there about 6 or 7 yrs. ago and fell in love. We came back on our 3rd visit and bought property on AC about 5 yrs. ago and plan on building and retiring there (hopefully soon).
I'm a Consultant for The Pampered Chef and love it. Rick works for Bell South and has for close to 30 yrs. We both love to dive and snorkle, fish, swim...anything in the water. I love to cook...especially Cajun and seafood recipes. Learning to do some great Italian dishes, too.
Oldest daughter lives close and is married to a lawyer, has 2 children. Youngest daughter is married to an Italian pilot and so lives in Livorno, Italy. She has a son (and he is my sweetheart). Making a trip to Italy the end of Oct. for about 3 to 4 weeks to see them. Son, Rick, Jr. works in communications like his dad and isn't married yet. Maybe never...who knows?
So that is me. Glad to know a little something about each of you. Feel like I know you already...LOL [Linked Image]

#26740 09/20/00 07:54 AM
J
J
Hi! It's nice to meet you all! I'm feeling like the baby of the board, I'll be 23 in November. I work at a personnel agency in North Carolina, doing payroll and job placements. I discovered Belize ~3 years ago and have been basically working to pay for my trips ever since. [Linked Image] After living my whole life in hurricane country and (narrowly) missing them all, I went to San Pedro for the first time and had to evacuate for Mitch! I felt right at home. I am going back to school next fall, so I'm planning an extended trip to Belize and Panama next year. I've been going to Panama for four years, originally with a mission trip, but now I go because I love it and have a couple god-children there. I'm single, no kids of my own, but in my "free time" (ha ha ha) I'm a counselor for a youth group. Looking forward to catching up on my reading and my tan next year. *...Sigh...* How long till January?

[This message has been edited by Jenn (edited 09-20-2000).]

#26741 09/20/00 08:23 AM
J
J
Like Belize Mama I am also an adoptee and did the parent search with some success. I am 54 (Valerie) and married to John, 53. We met on the net 6 yrs. ago and have been married for 5. We were both married previously and just walked. I was lucky to sell my Real Estate company in Fla. to Merrill Lynch and have been retired ever since. John is a Project Manager for Keane, Inc., designing for State requirements. We have one cat, Gato, which I found on the Mass. Trunpike on a rainy night. We also have a new puppy, Thunder The Wonder Pup, a sheltie. We live in Maine and I have never been so cold in my life and am seriously thinking of moving to some island...We went to AC last year and chartered a catamaran and sailed around for a week. Fell in love with the place for a vacation spot, don't know if I could live there. So we are testing it out this March and will be there, renting a house and seeing what that is like for two weeks. A thank you to all of you who have answered all of my questions.

#26742 09/20/00 11:06 AM
K
K
Here goes for me...I'm Kym, 25 and a software developer in Tampa, Florida..David, 29 (another software developer, as we geeks stick together!) and I will be getting married on AC October 11th on the sand outside of Caribbean Villa's. Both divers and lovers of anything involving the sea!
We have two dogs, Dozer an appropriately named 90 pound pit bull who's all love and a miniature chinese shar pei named Daisy Duke, named because she looks very hot in cut offs...ha ha! Really she's a very cute wrinkle bag with disgusting breath!!
We've been living in sin for 2 years, together for 3 but we'll be making it legal pretty soon....! We leave Oct 6th for the jungle and arrive in AC on the 9th..It'll be our first visit but certainly not our last..I planned the marriage there so we could keep going back as using the "romantic" anniversary excuse..very glad that he bought it!
Thanks to everyone for all their help on the boards, it's been so helpful!!!

#26743 09/20/00 11:27 AM
T
T
What an interesting group of people we have going here...

Belize Mama & Jerrico...I too am an adoptee. My birth mother found me 3 years ago after doing very little research. Mine was a private adoption and I never moved until about 10 years ago...cake walk for her to find me! Anyway, she insisted that we meet, I agreed. Not that it was a disaster, but she was definitely nervous for our whole visit (about 4 days)So, she decided to end our relationship before it even really got started. She came into my life and pecked around, then flew off like a seagull after he's kicked up sand all over my lunch. Two years later she must have realized what she had done, because she has tried in her own way to make a menze. We talk a couple times a year and that's plenty for me. My point is sometimes not all reunions are meant to be...keep your gaurd up.

#26744 09/20/00 11:32 AM
L
L
Hi folks: I started reading this board months ago. Husband (Dave) and I are both turning 40 Thanksgiving week. I am really the "old lady" as I am a week older. We decided to spend the big one on A.C., which will be our first visit. I am a busy defense lawyer in Sacramento, Ca and my husband is a part-time teacher and owns a window business. We have no children (except for our two cats, Sam and Ollie). We work too much, but live less than 2 hours from Reno, Lake Tahoe and San Francisco, so we try to get to those places for weekends. Love to travel, meet people, snorkel, garden. Looking so forward to this upcoming vacation!!!!

Laurie

#26745 09/20/00 11:55 AM
Scoot over!!!! My turn!!
I'm 41 years young, and my husband is 21. Just kidding!! He's 42. I am an ex social studies and vocational ed teacher and am currently a career counselor for the welfare reform program. Ha!! My husband works for The Nature Conservancy. He manages several nature preserves along the Texas coast including Matagorda, Pt. Aransas and South Padre Island. He LOVES his job, and doesn't consider it "work". Must be nice.......
We were high school sweethearts as I've mentioned before, but have only been married 10 years this October 6th. We both took detours at the end of college. He wanted me to move to Alaska with him and live in a log cabin with no running water and no bathroom and cook gooseberry pies. NOT my idea of a future. Let him go to Alaska to "do his thing", and I went my way. Hooked back up years later and the fireworks still went off. Need I say more?? We have two boys, ages 15 and 12. The 12 year old is an avid rainforest enthusiast, and my 15 year old loves surfing, the sea, snorkeling and idolizes Jacques Cousteau. Now you have the reason we chose Belize as a vacation destination. No one in our family was disappointed!!!!! We have no pets, but live in the country just outside of Bay City, Texas. Our neighbors have horses and numerous dogs and cats, so we don't need any.
My mother is from the island of St. Maarten in the Caribbean, and I've been to many of the islands numerous times. I've also lived in Canada and was a foreign exchange student to Crete, Greece in high school. (BEST thing I ever did). Now you know the fascination for world history.... My dream is to live overseas again. I love the challange and the experience. Thanks to all of you for sharing. I think this personal touch is really interesting and makes it fun.
Debbie

#26746 09/20/00 12:32 PM
T
T
Debbie...

You're a scream [Linked Image] Can't wait to hook up in Old Town Spring for a little shopping, eating and overall good time.
Jill

#26747 09/20/00 12:49 PM
Hi guys! All of you sound very interesting. I am Laura, 31 and my husband is Robert, 36. We reside in Englewood, Colorado (suburb of Denver) where our 11 and 9 year old cats allow us to serve them. [Linked Image]

I work for a local governmental authority that is redeveloping a former Army base into a bioscience park and the new location for the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. (Wow, that was a mouthful!) I take care of tenants and manage the data/voice networks in addition to just about anything else that falls on my desk. Additionally, I'm back in college full time toward my BS in information technology. My husband works for RSM McGladrey (the IT offshoot of McGladrey Pullen) servicing clients with their Great Plains Software needs.

We just got back from our first trip to AC and had a wonderful time. We're looking forward at going back in March when I have a break in school.

As soon as my website is completed, I'll post the URL with our pictures and my own little diatribes. [Linked Image]

Happy fall to everyone. The leaves are already falling in the Rockies.

-Laura-
aka Loie

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
#26748 09/20/00 01:02 PM
Might as well follow suit. from Jefferson City,MO. Landlocked in the physical only.My soul belongs to the tropics. I sell lumber and paint watercolor scenes of tropical locales to pay for my next trip. I am always planning my next trip. After 10 years of the Yucatan coast, I headed south to San Pedro in March. Visited twice so far in 2000. fell in love with the place ,got my diver's certification and I haven't been the same since. My work is sold at Belizean Arts in Fidos and I have done the " new" postcards for the Sunbreeze. Webmaster Marty has allowed me to sell thru the Island Bizarre on this site. Great people on A.C. they all make me feel welcome.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 330 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.