Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#267424 02/11/08 10:36 PM
cakelee Offline OP
OP Offline
I have been bugging my brother-in-law about getting his family's passports for our June trip. He ended up going to the post office Jan 31 or Feb 1 and turning them in. He got all 4 passports in the mail today! I thought the turn-around time was still 6+ weeks. Has anyone heard of regular passport processing happening so quickly? I KNOW he didn't pay extra for expedited service.

yup

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
cakelee Offline OP
OP Offline
Not a fluke then?

one never knows.........plan for the worst, hope for the best.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
C
C
I sent in for my renewal end of last Jan (needed it by April) - 10 weeks later - nothing - We were leaving on a Wed; Fri I called my State Representatives office, they called the passport officials and I had it delivered Tues. I had to pay the extra extaditing cost but - I had to do what I had to do - I expired that July -I was less than six months from expiration day. Had I not contact my state representative I wouldn't have been able to travel. Apparently my passport was sitting on a desk in New Hampshire and needed to be in Seattle for processing - SOMETHING CRAZY!! Anyway - you should have plenty of time for June! If you don't see them by May - start researching! PM for more info if you need to.

Live Laugh Love
If you want to pay lots extra you can get it in a few weeks .we use the service all the time in my business !! web site zvs.com tel toll free from states 1 866 7881100 ..

Living The Dream Every Day!
I do believe as of the beginning of this year, the process is a LOT faster. My girl friend applied for her sons passport Dec. 27 and received it back (non expedited) in exactly 14 days (weekends and all). I had my daughters processed on Jan. 16th and received it in the mail on Jan. 31 (non expedited). It's a faily safe bet that the turnaround process is MUCH faster but they'll still tell ya that it takes 6 weeks.

Last edited by travelqueen; 02/12/08 12:02 PM. Reason: added "still"
B
B
I went to USPS on Dec. 19th and got it back on Jan. 2nd. I thought it was pretty timely with the holiday and all. I was not complaining one bit!!

C
C
That's terrific turnaround time! Much better than a year ago!

Live Laugh Love
My son got his within just a few weeks, also. Maybe three? It was pretty quick and definately much faster than I expected.

Kat
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.