Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Holy Cow ibbrian- you shoulda drove to Denver and flew from there!! It woulda been Den, Dallas, Belize City! Still a bit of driving but ... less airports

Live Laugh Love
crap -- I got it easy. I live 10 minutes from CMH and from there, it's direct to Charlotte, Dallas or Houston -- on we go!

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
Hon Offline
I did a stopover in a nice airport hotel, got on a plane at 6:15 and I was at Ali Baba's for lunch...from Toronto! Love that 'direct' charter flight smile

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
colomojo- had something like that planned originally, but you can't count on the weather in these parts at this time of year to make the drive down the east slope of the Rockies. Trip insurance doesn't cover that. Plus, we'd only get a few hours sleep at a hotel before heading back to the airport to check in again. Decided just to bite the bullet and head on through.

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.
R
R
Its amazing see that there are others out there that have to travel such long distances..I was believing we were a bit crazy to do this every year...

We leave Anchorage at 4:20pm and arrive in San Pedro at 4:55pm. I WISH that was the same day but no such luck. We should be in a GREAT mood by the time we get there! So if you are at the airport on Oct 30 and see 2 arctic white frowning people, consider running in the opposite direction or at least get outta the way!

Otter, you do have it easy, but I'm right close. Flight is 7:30, but I'm 90 miles away from Phoenix. Be there 2 hours before. Leave home by 4, wake up by 3. What ever it takes, I'll be there!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
M
M
We're taking a 12:15am flight out of Sacramento. The party starts 2 hours before the flight so we'll be asleep by takeoff.

LIVE & LEARN
I keep refining my travel. When I was younger I could piddle around the house not getting to bed until midnight and up at 3:00 AM to be at the Oakland airport by 4:00 for a 6:00 AM flight.
After a few years of doing this I started getting a ride to a hotel near the airport and checking in before 9:00 PM. With nothing to do but turn on the TV and fall asleep. I could get a 3:30 wake up call and catch the 4:00 shuttle to the airport.
After a few more years it occurred to me that I could fly out of Oakland in the afternoon and stay overnight in Dallas for half the price of an Oakland hotel; have a leisurely free breakfast and catch the mid day plane for BZE.
I don't know if I'm getting smarter or lazier. I just know that my mind has slowed down in tune with my body. I have a Belize attitude.
Ten years of coming to AC and over four years of living here full time has tempered me.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Scuba Lady has it down:

We live in Moab, Utah 250 miles from SLC, 350 from Denver or 450 from Phoenix or Vegas!

We drive to whichever airport we are flying in from the morning before, fly to DFW where a nice hotel with a free shuttle and breakfast is usually under $60 (Hotwire, Hotels.Com) and then the mid-day flight to BZE.

On the way back, I can travel in shorts and a T shirt, and then dress for whatever Utah has to offer the next morning.

Just once arriving in SLC at 11.30 pm in shorts and trying to get a car that has been standing in sub zero temps for 2 weeks was enough to make me smart(er!) in a hurry, and that's without having to check in to a hotel at 1am or drive 5 hours over the mountains!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.