Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Sun spots and moisture content of vegetation (don't know why that is but when I was setting one up I was told to be aware of that) around the dish. Download is affected by both of those as well but not as much as upload. Make sure all the line of site vegetation around your dish is well cut back.

diane, when you say you have hughes....are you talking about hughes satalite service? i did not realize that was available on the island.

on a seperate note and open to all here, has anyone done any video chatting? i am a bit of a mac nerd and i have the i chat feature. im wondering if you can obtain a speed and enough broad band to i chat from ac.

fish

On Hughes net you are only allowed to download/upload 175 MB of info in a 24 hour period. If you excced that, they slow you down to a crawl for the next 24 hours. It is called FAP fair access policy I can tell you how to check your account to see if this is the problem. And yes both Hughesnet and Starband are available in Belize.

If you are on Hughesnet go to this site:

http://192.168.0.1/

that will give you information on your system. There you can tell if you are having transmit or recieve problems. If you click on the upper right hand button, system info, it will give you your site ID. Then you can go to this site:

http://customercare.myhughesnet.com/frm_usage.cfm

Put your site ID in and you can then check your upload and download consumption for the current and previous month. The only way around the limit is there is unlimited downloadin allowed between 3 AM and 6 AM eastern time. So if you need to schedule a big download, program your computer to start during those hours and it does not count against your daily FAP.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Would like to follow up on this, if anyone has a comcast account can they send me an e-mail at [email protected] and see if they get a response back from me on Saturday.

Cheers,

Simon...

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Got one! Waiting to see if they get the reponse. Thanks.

i sent you one too. if it's any help, i sent and received emails from Tanisha the week b4 last. they had said it took them a while to respond due to their dsl probs, but said it is working now.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the laugh! Just responded.

Simon, we live in the Caye Management building (the popcorn searchers) and are having the same problem, still and from back in Dec. Our clients are not getting our replies. I checked the SpamHaus and the IPs that are listed on my wireless don't come up, but still have the problem from clients in South Africa and East Coast US (Comcast). Any ideas?

A fish on my fly is worth two swimming by.
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I sent an e-mail to a comcast customer yesterday and they received it so it looks like it's working for now. If you go to http://www.speedtest.net/index.php it will show your IP as the rest of the world sees it (probably 200.32.196.56).

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 186 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.