Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
S
Has anyone tried calling the Traffic department?

Good suggestion , I just did and there is no answer.
I'll try again Monday its the weekend.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Segway is apparently working on a plan to offer north of the bridge beach tours on their wheeled thingys. Not sure if this would be organized (as wih a guide) or independent ....... an frankly I am not sure what the propulsion method of a Segway is either, but they look like a motor-beast to my untrained eye.
A man (from this company) was up at one local resort yesterday trying to convince the owner to remove the barriers so the vehicles can pass on the beach. Resort owner said "no, use the road". Segway fellow apparently argued.

It would be nice to nip this in the bud with a friendly chat if possible. Does anywbody know these folks who can maybe talk a little sense to them before we have more upset for them us and beach-goers? As much as I dislike the vehicles on the beach I also have some sympathy for the unsuspecting tourist who does the wrong thing and catches the ire of folks like us.

Suggest also that we get support from town board for a program whereby when a trades license is issued for a vehicle rental agency, a large sign must be prominently posted -
Motorized Vehicles may NOT be operated on the Beach

and that we begin as neighborhood groups to post similar looking signs up and own the beach areas where problems exist.

I just got off the phone with trarric dept.(AKA Transport Dept. San Pedro)
They say 'yes' against the law for motorized vehicles on beach and 'Yes' Segway two wheeled things are same difference , They advise a written report to the Town Council to report violation and then they can act on written report.
I belive a Sign on the beach is a good Idea but a nice friendly sign so It isn't read as 'unfriendly area' to the people walking the beach.

White Sands Dive Shop
Can't we just say "get the f*** of the beach you a-hole"

Okay, we'll try it your way first Elbert. We can be nice when the situation warrants.

By the way the beach road in the Boca Del Rio area is a designated roadway - from Blue Tang to the Boca Del Rio Park.

B
B
I posted this a while back- I believe all wheeled vehicles, including non motorized, I.E. bicycles, are not to be on the beach.

If I had my choice between Segways on the beach and bicycles on the beach I would take the Segways. Bicycles go much faster and most of the riders have no manners what so ever. But I see no reason to compromise.

Plain and simple- no wheeled vehicles on the beach.

Pogo sticks and stilts are still OK though... ;-)

I like pogo BB keep up the sense of humor. I agree no wheels would be nice,
but your looking at changing the law instead of just trying to get enforced whats already law. A much bigger challenge.

White Sands Dive Shop
I heard BB has the Belize exclusive sales rights for pogo sticks!

S
S
wait a week and the Segways will rust.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
At least with Segway you know where they've come from. Ensure the owner gets an official reminder that it's illegal to take them on the beach, then whenever anyone is caught simply nail the business owner. He'll soon start advising his customers to use the road!

But I also like Amanda's more direct approach.

How well would a pogo stick do in soft sand? I should think you'd get stuck very early on. Come too that, I doubt if a Segway will survive long with sand and salt around its bearings.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.