Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Does anyone who reads this have any experience importing their household goods after obtaining permanent residency. We have visited customs on the caye but they claim that only Belizean Citizens get the opportunity to import duty free belongings. We know this isn't the case but can't seem to get any facts from anyone. Our customs broker says, bring a residency card - well they don't do the cards anymore, just a stamp, our friend in the city says to talk to Beltraide. We just can't seem to get any clear info. Sooooo if you have actually done this, we would be ever so grateful for your advice. You can pm me if you don't want to discuss this on the forum. Many thanks.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

please do discuss this on the forum.

collyk Offline OP
OP Offline
Well Beltraide were very helpful and are looking into it. They weren't aware that residents could bring in household goods duty free. I'll speak to them again on Monday. Very nice staff there and very attentive.

In the meantime, I thought I'd better arm myself with some ammunition, so I downloaded some very useful stuff from www.customs.gov.bz/duty.html and www.customs.gov.bz/approvedcertificates.html

I was impressed that this information was so readily available on the internet.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

We brought our household goods in after residency. Goods come in free, no cars, boats, etc like QRP though. We had to show customs our passports with residency stamp.

Hi dabunk

How did you get your goods in? We have downsized, so it would only be a small crate or a couple of extra LARGE suitcases.

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
We shipped in twice, once when we first moved, including two vehicles and three years later after residency, shipped our balance of goods and a van. Our first group of things and vehicles we shipped with Hyde Shipping out of Miami. They told us our goods and vehicles had to be shipped separately. They shipped on time and as they represented, but it was a pain to have to drop our goods at one yard and the drive an hour away to drop our vehicles at the port itself. We paid about 1800 for both vehicles and another 800 for our goods, which amounted to about 4 pallets stacked.

Our second shipping, two years ago was with a place out of Tampa, Jackson Shipping. They allowed us to fill our vehicle and a 6 by 10 foot trailer with as much stuff as we wanted, and only charged for the vehicles, about 1000 for an Astro Van and 800 for the trailer. Drop it off in one place and done. They told me it would ship in a month and be there in 2 weeks. 3 1/2 months later it finally arrived. The van was scratched all up from the cargo straps and they refused to do anything about it. I would never use them again.

I believe Hyde shipping has several places where you can drop things off and they will ship. Also Sterling freight out of Houston is highly recommended. They will handle all the paperwork and deliver to your door if you want. Hope that helps some.

Thanks, it does help. Surprisingly, we have very little to bring, just a little too much for airline baggage. If we could just bring 3 extra suitcases, we would be fine. We are trying to get something going with the airlines, see if we can take a trunk. Trouble is, we have to deal with two separate airlines. I will post and let others know how we make out.

Sharyn

It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped
http://belizeanbeachbums.blogspot.com/
Most airlines will allow more baggage, usually costs 100 per bag. We did it last year coming back from California with stuff for camp. We called ahead and it was fine.

Years ago we use to air freight items into Belize.
In the past we used TACA airlines and also AA.
Since you did say where you were coming from you might check and see if the airline you are using has a freight system set up.
Also if you are in the LA or Chicago area there are Belizeans that run trucks down to Belize delivering personal goods.

P
P
Amerijet air freight goods into Belize too.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.