Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#268029 02/15/08 02:27 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
today from the Chamber of Commerce...
Members brought up personal experiences this week of being accosted by timeshare sales personnel in the street. One Member described getting cut off and stopped by a golfcart, and when told that they should be at their designated booth area, were not very nice. Tom offered to contact the offending resort (who has been very cooperative in the past), and correct the problem.

The intials BB come to mind.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
J
J
Although we haven't been 'cut off' or anything the vast majority of time share folks that we've encountered have been from Reef Village. They pull their golf carts up to close to the beach and try to stop anyone walking by. They take 'no' for an answer pretty well, but I thought they were supposed to stay in their designated booths.

Reef Village is selling as timeshares now? I thought they were straight up condos.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That's where many of the BB team went.

#268106 02/16/08 10:21 AM
The timeshare sellers we ran into were'nt too bad, tho I can see this practice escalating into something more than just an annoyance. After about the 3rd encounter in as many hours on the beach, I found myself saying "no thanks" before they even started talking. A couple of them tho would persist and I found myself telling them that time shares are a rip off, and I would be happy to come back to their resort and tell their bosses that, after my free cocktail.... then they go away.

M. Sjulstad
M&M Trivia - JAMPT UP Band
D
D
We just returned from a month on AC and the only real pains were the reef village salespeople. They claimed it was just an open house and didn't like the term time share. Although I'm sure that is exactly what they were peddling. On the other hand I often stop and say HI to chito by central park at the Capt. Morgans booth.
He is always polite, even though he knows I'm not buying a time share.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Timeshare agents earn (for San Pedro) indecent amounts of money, so they're highly motivated. Any potential buyers should ask themselves whose pockets those large incomes ultimately come from.

#268120 02/16/08 11:30 AM
D
D
I know in Cabo, MX a guy who seemed to be in the know claimed they had 500 US to work with. They could split the 500 up however to entice people in. Some were giving as much as 300 to get you in so keeping 200 for themselves. One of the tourist where we were staying claimed to make 700 just the day before. Still not my idea of a vacation. But yes the buyers are funding all of that. Although I'm not sure what the numbers are for AC.
But I would suspect a big bonus for the person sending an actual buyer.

There should be a law..."no timeshare salesmen can chase tourist with luggage for more than 100 yards".

Gone fishing!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,198
Posts500,015
Members20,458
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.