Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
simon - i got your reply on g-mail - but if you sent one earlier to my comcast addy, i never got it. just an fyi update.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the update, I figured there were no problems with gmail. I did respond to the comcast e-mail, the big issue is that there's no notification on this end that the e-mail didn't go through it just disappears.

J
JTM Offline
J
Simon, the header may be the problem. I had problems receiving email in my Comcast account from a Yahoo address that was associated with another island. The same person working from the same computer could get a message to me using her AOL account which she said was not associated with the island but with the US.

&nbsp Marty,
how is this a "sticky" topic?

&nbsp &nbsp Dan

&nbsp

"Facts are the enemy of Truth"
Don Quixote
S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Because it potentially affects many visitors to Belize who are contacting resorts, tour operators and service providers without getting a response back. Hopefully this thread will let them know that they're not being ignored and that businesses are trying to respond. It also suggests the option of using a non-comcast account to send e-mails to Belize.

Potentially this is costing millions in lost business. Between myself and another individual there was a potential loss in the $20K range, multiply that by the number of businesses and it adds up.

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Actually I tried to change the name of the thread to "Important Notice for Comcast Users" but the name reverted back to the old one.

J
J
I've got Comcast and was able to send to hotel, but wasn't getting a response, which I finally did after using a different email address. This thread was very helpful in helping me understand the issue as I thought it was me.

J
JTM Offline
J
A possible solution: I have been complaining as a Comcast customer who is not getting his emails. Today I was contacted by the Comcast national abuse team. They said that anyone in Belize having this problem (not sure how you are supposed to know)can call Comcast to fix it. The number to call is 856-317-7272 between 8:30AM and midnight eastern time Monday through Friday or 10AM to 7:00PM weekends. They asked me to send the information to people I know who are experiencing the problem. They said an alternative to calling is to submit the form available at comcastsupport.com/rbl

S
SimonB Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I contacted COMCAST the information they provided was pretty much useless. They subscribe to Spamhaus who will unblock the IP address but then block it again within a few days. A quick check of http://whatismyipaddress.com/staticpages/index.php/is-my-ip-address-blacklisted will show that more than a few anti-spam sites are blocking BTL.

The thing that really p.o's me is that everyone is saying business is down in Belize and I have to wonder if this isn't one of the reasons.

KC Offline
I'm coming into this conversation late, so if I am offering information that has already been covered, I apologize in advance.
I have a Comcast account, and have been aware for quite some time that I wasn't getting e-mails from Belize (in my Outlook express). The solution is to go to www.comcast.net , sign into your web-based e-mail, and all of the e-mails from Belize will be in the "screened mail" folder. I just check it a couple of times a day. I always use the web-based e-mail when I travel anywhere away from my home office.
I realize that this still doesn't help the businesses in Belize who are responding to potential customers who are not aware where to look for their screened mail. It is too bad that BTL is hurting tourism in this way.

KC

Last edited by KC; 03/02/08 10:19 PM.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 288 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.