Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
WOW! You guys are great. A lot of info to check into here. Just a couple quick replies:

Sunandsand - The when is a bit dependent on the where. I've seen 3 flavors of rate "bands": 2,3 & 4 during the year depending on dates and the place. Bottom line, it looks like May-June or later to get the off season rates. Trying to put it together.

Don - Unfortunately I just never took the time to transition to fly fishing. I keep saying one of these days. So, to clarify, inshore/flats conventional/spin.

Oh, I keep seeing reference to when the AC goes on. No offense to anyone but a harsh winter to us is turning the AC OFF and opening the windows. I'm looking for a warmer climate, too, though.

Again, THANKS all. Obviously, anythng further will be greatly appreciated.

Gonzo
Webster: "gonzo" = freewheeling or unconventional especially to the point of outrageousness
Listen to CJ - Steve knows ALL the bars very well! wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Hey, Tampa/Spartan. June is a great month in AC. Don't fish, but love to eat it, especially lobster, with the season opening again on June 15. Weather is warmer than here (Just south of you in Bradenton), more humid, if that's possible, but lots of great sea breeze. You will love the island, reminds me a lot of what Anna Maria Island was like 30 years ago.

KLC steve knows all the bars , that was a understatement !!!!! LOL.

Living The Dream Every Day!
I know, Cappy, was trying to keep it low-key wink

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
OP Offline
OK, I hate to even ask this question but a potential third party (another senior citizen) was apparently watching something on Belize on like the Discovery ch. recently that implied there is a danger of medical issues due to "biting insects". Like, duh, we have that here in Florida but it alarmed the "party of the second part". Personally I'm too damn old to worry about it myself but I promised to ask. So, PLEASE DON'T LAUGH, but any of you hear anything liked this at all (allegedly biting flies)?

And also, just for grins, we were curious if anybody had an idea of the basic cost of the Gonzo place, being JJW fans - that's why they call me Gonzo Greg. I'm sure it's WAY out of our range. Again, thanks for all your help.

Gonzo
Webster: "gonzo" = freewheeling or unconventional especially to the point of outrageousness
JZB Offline
I'm sure the discovery channel show was Bone Detectives. (I watched it last night) You do NOT need to worry about bot flies and flesh eating parasites in San Pedro.

E
E
Originally Posted by spartan11
And also, just for grins, we were curious if anybody had an idea of the basic cost of the Gonzo place, being JJW fans - that's why they call me Gonzo Greg. I'm sure it's WAY out of our range. Again, thanks for all your help.

Not sure what you mean about the Gonzo place but you can find out all about Jerry Jeff's Camp Belize here.

http://www.jerryjeff.com/campbelize/

Yes they've recently announced a 3rd week May 25th to June 1st. I was down for Week One this year and had a ball. Basically it's $150 for each laminate (ticket) which gets you two shows (with dinner) under the stars on Wet Willie's dock and a "meet and greet" where all the attendees get to meet Jerry Jeff, get his autograph on any memorabilia you might have and get your picture taken with him. During Week One (Jan 20-28) the concerts were on Tuesday and Thursday nights and the meet and greet on Friday.

Hope that this helps. If you need any more info, pm me.

God Bless The Reef!
S
S
Casa Gonzo is Jerry's house here on the island...available for short-term rental.
http://www.jerryjeff.com/casagonzo/casa_info.htm

OP Offline
OK, like I said don't laugh. My response to the "report" was the same but I promised to ask.

I fairly routinely check the camp Belize link on JJW. This 3rd week is fairly recent. Looks like I need to get things arranged quickly and then see if we can do the 3rd week.

About the house, Casa Gonzo, tha site doesn't mention rates, that I can find anway. We were curious if it was REMOTELY in our range but like I told them it might be if one of us won the lotto.

Again, thanks to everyone for the great info!

Gonzo
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.