Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#268614 02/20/08 08:39 PM
OP Offline
Hi Everyone,

I know that there is waverunner rental on the island but I can't remember where!!! Can someone remind me?!!! We have one at home so we had never been that interested in renting one but my hubby thought that might be fun this year!!

Thanks again and this is the best board, you are all so helpful.

Mrs. O and I rented last year and had a blast on the far south end of the island -- crystal clear water, very peaceful, nobody around.

Someone may have an exact location, but you can't miss it, just north of Ruby's before Fido's walking north there was a good set-up with several units. Don't take their posted price -- haggle haggle haggle

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
B
B
Otter, what's the damage for a days rental, ballpark?

OP Offline
Yes Otter, tell us!!!

I do think I read a post last year about your adventure!!! Thats what gave us the idea!! How long did you take them for and were there any restrictions about where you could go?

Thanks

They have a website.
www.karibbeanwatersports.com
Looks like fun, and new equipment also!

"All people smile in the same language"
Ahh yes. I got a little close to the mangroves and the engine stalled on me with some seaweed. We were only delayed for a couple minutes but Mrs. O. shot me her dagger eyes and I was nearly toast.

They did have restrictions on where you could go, but I don't recall them -- we knew we just wanted to stay inside the reef wall and hang in the beautiful blue water on the south end of the island where you can jump off and be up to your waist in crystal clear water. That's obviously allowed smile

Thanks for the link -- $110!!??? LOL -- we didn't pay nearly that much. The website says not to ask them to lower their rate. Uh, okay I guess. I didn't need to, they quoted $110 and we walked away. They stopped us and we haggled from there. I haggled a 90-minute rate far less than the posted 60-minute rate. Can't remember the $ total, but I do remember talking them down at least $30.

The website says new management took over in 2007. You might not have the same luck I did. Worth it just the same though.

have fun!

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
That business is run much more tightly now. I know because I share a dock with them. BarnaB's refers to "damage". I know he didn't mean it in this sense, but you'd be amazed just how much damage is done to these machines by reckless or careless use. A brand new machine, a very expensive model just a couple of weeks old, was run high and dry onto the reef by a customer recently, and he didn't think he should have to pay to repair the (substantial) damage. I've watched someone drive one under power into a pier post, smashing the fibreglass in the nose. With this sort of brainless use I'm surprised we haven't yet had a serious accident - these machines have the power and performance of a superbike. I've been on one that supposedly can do 140 mph (though not with me on board!). I think the ones at KWS can still do over 60 mph.

#268695 02/21/08 12:51 PM
Agreed Pedro2 and good point. These things have some power! I am not aggressive with my haggling. If a business needs to earn a certain amount in order to cover costs and hedge against braindead customers, that's cool.

I wish them luck, and who knows, might take a nother trip this year (if the Mrs. trusts me again)

OP Offline
Hey Otter,

My husband knows that "dagger eye" look!!!! Thanks for the info everyone!!

I went to the web page and they do mention NOT to haggle about the prices!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.