Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Hi All,

I have been looking at a map of AC trying to figure out where to stay. I didn't realize that the island was seperated into north and south of town. Where do most folks stay?

Thanks,

Jim

G
G
That is the Question! The answer depends on you and what you like. In town is a good party, S of town is relaxed w/ easy access to town, stores etc. N of town is way relaxed and quiet with more challenging access to town, stores etc. The further north you go the less infrastructure there is, I think on purpose. N access after about White sands/captn Morgans is best by water taxi...

PM me if you have nore questions

A
AlJ Offline
A
We're just back from Banana Beach. Nice place and we were treated very well. 1.2 miles from town. We usually walked it but cabs were $5 or so. You could also check Victoria House if you want to spend some bucks. We walked past it a few times and it looks as nice as described.

It pretty much depends on what and where you want. There are a bunch of people on the board who prefer one place or another, and for all practical purposes, most places are pretty good, just differing in location and level of service. You might specify, for instance, the importance of a pool, kitchenette, easy access to town, solitude, type of accomodations you are accustomed to, that sort of thing. Everyones needs and wants vary a bit. An opinion here would be, anything you might want short of an AI is probably there.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
P
P
How would you guys rate Ramons?

Ramons has a great pier and nice beach. My wife and I had our wedding dinner there and they did a fabulous job.

I've never stayed there before though.

However, right next door is The Palms which is a terrific option. I've stayed there and loved it.

Last edited by deadserious; 02/21/08 01:52 PM.
Ramons compared to what?
IMO Ramons is better to visit for snorkel/swim, snack & beverages, eating,
some rooms are rustic, no AC and no view, but free geckos & bugs!
For the same price range you can find a better room with view.
Our room was in the back by the road.
The landscape is beautiful, the pool is for dunking more than swimming.
I enjoyed our stay at the Belizean Reef (next to the Palms)much more.
//ambergriscaye.com/bzreef/index.html
For our low budget visits we enjoyed the conchshell inn upstairs with fridge.
//ambergriscaye.com/conchshell/index.html

Most people live south of the cut because that is where San Pedro Town is located. North is less populated and more isolated.
As others suggest Give info on what you want to do, how many, how old/young, what you want what you can afford.
If price was no limit I would also try Victoria House & private
residences!
Belize it!

Margarita is being hard on Ramon's. It does have A/C although I'll admit ours in one of the upstairs suits was inadequate. Our boys were in an adjoining room with adequate A/C. Some rooms are ocean side some are not just like all the other resorts I've ever been to. The staff is great as well as the drinks and food. The pool is very nice. We have stayed there 3 times. The expense is moderate to high.

We most recently stayed at Victoria House. Much nicer and also MUCH more expensive. Without question one of the nicest resorts we've ever stayed in.

Coconuts is an economical option.

Future full time Belizeans
Tommy & Sonia Blackledge
Magee, MS 601-849-1918
P
P
Thanks for all the info guys. This forum rocks! Will be seeing you all 3/10-3/15. Belize it.

E
E
Just to put my $.04BZD I'll recommend Paradise Villas a few blocks north of town square. We rented a 2 bedroom/1 bath upstairs apartment that had a full kitchen (including coffee maker, blender, toaster, microwave, all utensils), meatlocker rated AC in both bedrooms with Sat/TV and even wireless internet. It's clean, has a great staff, beautiful grounds, a pool, 2 supermarkets a block away and Wet Willie's dock is about 50' away. Oh and like every good resort, two very friendly resident cats.

With two of us splitting the costs, it was a great deal. We've already made reservations there later this year.

God Bless The Reef!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.