Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hi All,

Here is more detail to my first question yesterday as requested.

My Age = 48
I want to be close to the bars and nightlife.
I would like a decent swimming beach/jet skiing near by.
Nothing fancy, just clean and secure accomodations.
I would prefer walking to get places verses a cab.
Access to a grocery store.

That's about it.

P.S. Who should I book a flight with from Belize City to AC?

Thanks,

Jim

G
G
Any of the hotels on front street would meet that criteria. we always use tropic air...

Good travels!

Holiday Hotel and they can book your Tropic Flight and put it on the room bill for you.

But why eat my vegetables I already know that I am short!
www.carbunkletrumpet.wordpress.com
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Flight - use either tropic or Maya. They're both good. Maya may be cheaper if you offer them cash.

No decent swimming beaches near town. The best is Ramon's. The only jet skis (actually Wave Runners, not jet skis) are in the center of town on the Spindrift dock.

Grocery stores everywhere.

S
S
Conch Shell is cool.

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
Thanks for the info - left out price range but here's some info

//ambergriscaye.com/conchshell/index.html
I have stayed here for budget vacations -upstairs room with fridge & I like the porch, right on beach, San Pedrano Store 30 steps away on front street. Cholos Bar, Liquor, and golf carts next door, closest Swimming would be 30 steps to Amigos Del Mar Diving dock.

//ambergriscaye.com/spindrift/index.html
I have stayed here twice, excellent air conditioning, prefer rooms on beach, Bar on Premises, next to Estels Dine by the Sea (my favorite restaurant for Breakfast/Coffee)30 steps away from Town Park.

//ambergriscaye.com/mayanprin/index.html
Only stayed here once. More like suites, Probably more than you want but nice balconies, beach and next to Fido's, also Center of Town.

http://www.sanpedroholiday.com/index.html
Never stayed here but I would like to someday.
Nice Food, Beverages, landscaping. Used to have a Town Swim Area off the dock.

BTW do you really want to swim like laps? or just refresh and jump in? Since AC is a barrier Reef Island the water is shallow along the shore, so it is easier & more pleasant to swim off & under docks and where areas for swimming have been cleared. There is much boat traffic with the island, so say swimming to the reef and back just isn't safe, IN MY OPINION.
I suggest a snorkel & mask even if you don't snorkel - there is just so much to see almost everywhere underwater. And it is worth the price to take a snorkel trip to Hol Chan, Day or Night.

And the people and service have always been great for me everywhere I have stayed.
Belize it!

B
OP Offline
B
Thank you very much for the excellent info. I really appreciate it. As far as swimming goes, I'm just a jump in to cool off guy. I'm always to busy looking around for the giant shark that is going to eat me. :-) I should have never watched "Jaws"......

Maybe I'll get the courage up to snorkel down there. Probably not considering that I chickened out on sky diving in Playa Del Carmen.

Thanks,

Jim

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
If you come here right now you can do it here instead. Skydive that is. Or snorkel.

Plenty of nice places to plunk in the water - most of them are off the docks. Most places that sell refreshments that have a dock will let you plunk in even if you are not staying there, as long as you are a customer. The people at Amigos Del Mar Dive Shop always welcomed us to their swim area as well.
Don't worry San Pedro Sharks don't bite!

broke my leg skydiving the first time so I had to do it again so I wouldn't be afraid to do it some more! It is awesome! You do have much more personal control in the water snorkeling with the pretty little fishies!
Belize it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.