Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
VIKA Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Hello,

The two of us are planning our first trip to Belize. grin Ambergris Caye will be one of our stops in early May. We are not looking to stay in town 'cause we want some seclusion.

We know that there are really no beaches on Ambergris but heard that some hotels have created their own.

Would anyone be able to recommend a beachfront property for two with one of the nicest beaches on this Caye?

Thanks in advance.

S
S
Mata Grande, Casa Azul, Mata Chica, Portofino, Blue Reef, Belize Legacy...just a few to start.

V
VIKA Offline OP
OP Offline
V
These are a little pricy. But u pay for what u get! Thanks for the reply.

S
S
I stayed at Victoria House last year and their beach is absolutely beautiful. I think you'll find many people on the board share my opinion. It is south of town so you could still get into town via golf cart or a taxi and the service was far above what my husband and I ever expected.

B
B
I live here and I will be honest...if you are expecting beautiful white sand beaches and water you can walk into...it's not really here. But Ambergris Caye is GORGEOUS.

P
P
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I read that all beaches, even those in front of resorts, are open to all visitors?

"Beaches" is a relative term. "Really no beaches on Ambergris Caye" is not "really" accurate IMO - it is an island with lots of beautiful sand and much of it is along the sea shore. I would choose it over Daytona beach, for example, everytime.
Age, preferences, PRICE Range info would all help narrow your choices down. Some Beachfront areas are raked and cleaned daily other areas are not. More seclusion North of the river and less boat traffic if you are seeking to lie on the beach or dock for sun. If you want South you can still find some seclusion and be able to walk the beach and find your favorite spot to hang.

PSUhorty I think you are refering to the "Queensland" territory along the seashore, and it is public access for walking anywhere you would like. Many people walk the beach front instead of the streets. I love watching the school children going to & from along the beach. Wish I could have done that!
Belize it!

P
P
Originally Posted by margarita
PSUhorty I think you are refering to the "Queensland" territory along the seashore, and it is public access for walking anywhere you would like. Many people walk the beach front instead of the streets. I love watching the school children going to & from along the beach. Wish I could have done that!

Soooooo, does this mean that one can relax on the beach anywhere one wishes?

S
S
Yes and no, if you wish to use the loungers etc. of a resort be prepared to give way to those who are paying guests. Other than than that set up camp where you wish and enjoy.

V
VIKA Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Thanks all! How is the beach around Banana Beach south of town?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.