Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269075 02/24/08 06:18 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Hi folks,

First, Thanks to everyone for all of the good information from my previous posts.

I'm thinking of taking the bus down from Playa Del Carmen. Can you tell me how long this trip will take? Is the border crossing pretty easy time wise? And, do you have to go all of the way to Belize City or can you fly over from other locations?

I didn't want to use up two days on a bus ride, but flights I'm seeing aren't much better. Multiple stops, 15 hour plus travel time. Too many opportunities to miss a flight.

Any airline suggestions will also be appreciated.

Thanks for the help.

T
T
We just got back from our trip and we went through Mexico. We got the bus from Playa to Chetumal, and we stayed over in Chetumal because we wanted to look at the Mayan Museum, but we didn't need to do that, we had plenty of time to get across the border and fly from Corozol to AC.
You can arrange to be picked up at the bus station in Chetumal and taken across the border:$30.00 US, and well worth it. We called Henry Menzies, BelizeTransfers.com. If you get a morning bus from Playa,they will get you to the airport in Corozol in lots of time.I think the bus ride was about 4 hours.
There are two bus stations in Playa, the one you come in to from the airport, and another one about a mile away. It is the other one you get the bus to Chetumal from. Get your tickets the night before, the busses are full
By the way, if you come through Mexico DO NOT LOSE THE PIECE OF PAPER THAT THEY TEAR OFF THE LONG PIECE AND GIVE BACK TO YOU. KEEP IT IN YOUR PASSPORT.

C
C
Treetops - what time did you catch your bus in Playa? We are trying to figure out which flight to take from Corozal to San Pedro. Thanks

Live Laugh Love
T
T
I think it was a 9 or 9:30. Doesn't matter, just get Henry to get you at the bus station in Chetumal and he will call ahead and tell you which flight will work for you.No problem getting on flights in Corozol, you don't need a reserve.

C
C
Thanks TT

Live Laugh Love
J
J
My concern with not having a reservation in Corozal is that the first time we flew there, we were the only passengers. That was several years ago, maybe that route is busier now. I'd hate to get to the airstrip and no plane because they weren't expecting any passengers....

T
T
smile smile smile

T
T
I wouldn't worry about reserves, if one flight is full, there is another from the other airline in 1/2 hour.

C
C
Thanks TT and TB (and TG) I have read TG's blog and emailed with her, great info!! The last concern I have is having to make a special trip to Playa from Cozumel to get seat reservations. I'll do what I have to do though. I'm hoping there is an ADO satellite office in Cozumel (maybe at the airport?) OH! one other question; if we are able to get advance ticket, how early to you have to be at the terminal? Thanks again for all you awesome boarders!

Live Laugh Love
T
T
It's not like the airport, just stroll in about 15 minutes before leaving time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.