Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269329 02/26/08 04:19 PM
C
OP Offline
C
My family and I are coming in on a cruise ship to Belize City. We would like to snorkel, swim with the sharks or see the monkeys. How do we get to the north side of the island from there without flying?

Book a tour! I found Belize on Cruses. Not enough time to do it yourself on a cruise. to much time waisted on waiting for the water taxi. It will work out better if you book something instead of trying to do it your self. The people on this board are great and i am sure will respond in detail. All of the private tours are great and reliable. no need to book thru the cruise line.

Next time I'm sure you will fly in and stay a while!!!!

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
C
C
If you google or use SNORKEL TRIPS BELIZE CITY as your search topic quite a few sites come up, I believe it would be cheaper to book your own than what the cruise ship charges. I would suggest you have them make a quick lunch stop on Caye Caulker so you can get some local interaction, Belize City does not represent the country too well.

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
A warning, if you book your tour by yourself and for any reason you are delayed and you don't make it back to your tender on time they WILL NOT wait for you. If you do manage to contact the ship (next to impossible) and convince them to hold a tender you may find yourself with some shocking charges at the end of your cruise. It's fully your responsibility to make it back in time.

C
C
I believe Simon is referring to a group tour, he would be right... I was assuming when the poster said he was traveling with his family he may have at least 4 people...which is minimum on most tours..in which case the boat would wait..and get them back on time as it would be their boat..but it would have to be confirmed that the boat was for private hire so the tour company did not add other people to the charter..still cheaper than cruise ship$$$$

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
S
S
What I'm talking about is any independent tour that is not booked directly from the cruise ship line. If they are delayed for any reason (weather, poor timing by the tour operator, problems with the boat (or vehicle) that delays return, traffic if doing a land tour, plane if flying) then they're on their own. This is all based on first hand knowledge.

S
S
Saw a guy left in Key West that way on a cruise did not make it back in time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.