Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks so much to Rich and the Boogie in Belize group for their incredibly generous donation to the San Pedro Public Library. They gave us a check for 3100 dollars and an enormous amount of supplies that will keep our after school and summer programs going for a long time. We will use part of the 3100 to fund a stipend for a person to resume our computer classes. It is almost impossible to describe how important that 3100 is to us as well as the supplies. Although the National Library service funds a position and 1/2, everything else comes from fundraising. Library cards cost 3 dollars for 3 years but we still need to help some kids. We service students from all the schools as well as those kids who do not go to school but want to read. And upstairs we have tons of adult books for loan. Thanks so much and please drop by anytime and look around or check out a book.

smile There are admirable people all around us.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Way to go skydivers!!!!

"Hold on Tight To Your Dreams" ELO
Rockin' good news, and since I'm a big library geek I'll stop by during my visit in May!

Hon Offline
Good on you reaper!

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Reaper you and your skydivers rock.

Dare To Deviate
awe, what a nice thing to do!

J
J
That's just wonderful.

P
OP Offline
P
And to top it off, they personally came to deliver the money and the supplies. The Boogie in Belize skydivers are a totally class act. Now..... they are insane for jumping out of airplanes. I do not even like being on a ladder.
I will add that anyone here who would like to volunteer some time, we need computer teachers, art teachers, literacy tutors, and people willing to do anything else needed. Join the library committee or just help out when you can.
Right now, we especially need someone willing to spend the day painting the new stairwell. It closes to library so the adult branch can be open full time.
Thanks to all of you for your support.

B
B
We (as gringo expats with nothing else to do) expect a full accounting of the $3,100 BZ or USD (whatever it is). We will not rest until we see where every cent has gone in print. Published in three newspapers.
Just kidding
but
payback can and will be a bitch

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,025
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.