If you email melanie she will send you the info. My understanding is they are extending the deadline because the website is not ready for uploads. She can give you more info. It is open to everyone but photos have to be of belize. This is the response I got
EXTENDED DEADLINE – MARCH 10. 2008
In Celebration of the International Year of the Reef (IYOR), the Healthy Reefs for Healthy People Initiative and the Belize IYOR Organizing Committee is pleased to present
A Marine Photography Exhibition and Contest
Submissions (electronic or printed) should be categorized into the following themes:
• Healthy Reefs (HR): general seascape underwater image of healthy reefs
• Human-reef interdependence and culture (CU): people interacting with the reef in a sustainable manner (above or below the water)
• Reef Threats and Unhealthy Reefs (RT): people or activities that threaten the reef (topics can include, but are not limited to, coral disease and bleaching, destructive fish practices, groundings or pollution and construction damage, empty reefs, algal overgrowth, reef scenes of what we want to avoid)
• Reef Creatures (RC): favorite reef creatures especially those important to reef ecology: parrotfish, urchins, groupers, sharks, corals
• Artistic (AR): anything that inspires (underwater or coastal images)
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE PHOTOS TAKEN IN BELIZE
INCLUDE THE TWO LETTER THEME CODE AND YOUR LAST NAME IN THE FILE NAME OF EACH PHOTO
PHOTOS SHOULD BE UPLOADED TO THE FOLLOWING LINK ON ON www.MARINEPHOTOBANK.ORGhttp://www.marinephotobank.org/secure/gallery.php?gallery_id=35&click=1
The winner of each theme will receive a Bz$200 cash prize and overall show winner will receive a Bz$500 prize. Limit 3 photos per theme or ten photos per person.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for submission form and details.
Deadline for submissions is 12:00 noon on March 10, 2008.
Dont delay, Pull out your best photos and send them in electronically or drop by a CD to 1061 Queen Helmut St, Belize City. Please forward to any other interested persons.
Coordinator, Healthy Reefs for Healthy People Initiative