Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am looking for some advice on where to stay when I arrive on Ambergris Caye. The following resorts have availability for my dates: Mata Chica, Capricorn, Captain Morgans, Portofino and Xaman EK. I have no idea where to begin. My husband and I love nice, low key places that are less touristy, but we also like to have a good time at the bar. We would love to find a place if possible that is more authentic than touristy. Any ideas? All opinions are appreciated!

Did you look at anything south of the cut?

D
OP Offline
D
Any recommendations? Are those better???

You'll get a variety of opinions. Mrs. O. and I stayed at Belizean Shores in the vacinity of most of the places you mention. It is lovely. You need to take a water taxi to get back and forth from town, but we enjoyed it.

We now opt for stuff closer to town or "South of the cut" because it is easier. You can certainly water taxi to places up north for nice meals and such, but staying in town affords us so much more flexibility that we will likely only visit the north again. Keep in mind that "more authentic than touristy" can mean a lot of things, but nearly every place on Ambergris Caye fits that description compared to most trendy Caribbean locations.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
E
E
Check out Banana Beach

immissing is a man of few (but wise) words

Agreed Ernie, my place of choice. Stay there and rent a cart for the week. Tim will make sure the stay is wonderful!

I've already told you more than I know.
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks! I guess when I say authentic I am thinking more bungalow/ casita type then hotel. Thanks again for your recommendations...

ah, I see. I have not stayed at, only visited, the places you mention. I am not a fan of the bungalow-style acommodations, but know there ar emany here who can help. Best of luck.

J
J
Look at Victoria House.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 121 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,209
Posts500,042
Members20,483
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.