Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
As you can probably tell by this tropic, I haven't been on the Message Board for quite a while. In fact it's been almost 2 years since I was last in Belize.(bummer, dude) I noticed on some pictures at the Split that the Lazy Lizard was not there. Is this true? The last time we were there (Easter '06) that was a for sale sign on the place. I was afraid that someone might buy the property and tear the Lazy Lizard down. I thought at the time "that would be a dirty shame to lose such a funky place with great character and millions of memories. Unfortunately I didn't have any "spare cash" to purchase the place. Can somebody tell me what has happened, if anything?

Last edited by taters & dab; 03/05/08 05:40 PM.
Was alive & well a few days ago!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
C
C
It was still there 30 minutes ago, all cleaned up with diving board and new rooftop accommodations...........

LONELY PLANET SAYS TOURIST LOVE OUR ART. BEST PRICES ON ART.
I am so glad to here it is confirmed to still be there and not that i had to much rum and beer. Had me worried there for a minute. Had to think where it was that i was over-doing the "one barrel".

"But WHY's the rum gone?

www.wadethegringo.com
A
AlJ Offline
A
This is a link to the first of 6 or 7 pictures from a couple of weeks ago. It even looked like they tried hard to repair the eroded beach in front.

http://www.alandsuejohnson.com/belize%20folders/caye_caulker_2008/album/slides/DSCN0293.html

S
S
Nice pictures - I think I want to spend more time there - only took an afternoon when we were there. I think we missed some great spots. Thanks for sharing.

OP Offline
Thanks for the replies to my query. Didn't mean to disturbe anyone's sense of reality as to question the presence of something that never left. Looks as though they have done some additional work there on the side.

Alj. Nice shots of Caye Caulker. Very nostolgic. Makes me want to get back to CC. I also checked out your shots of Placencia. WE have thought of going there but never have made it.

A
AlJ Offline
A
Thanks. We had a good time in Placencia. I don't know if the place still looks the same, though. There's been a lot of construction since then.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day