Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#270604 03/06/08 05:01 PM
I
Istaboa Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Hi all... My wife and I are cruising our boat from Mobile down to Belize this year and wondering about places to stay. Marinas in particular.
Other questions??
Fuel prices for diesel?
Is it dog friendly?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Bob and Melonie
M/V Istaboa

What kind of boat.... and more importantly how much draft?? There is a marina just south of Belize City "Cucumber beach" other than that there are not too many marinas like in North America. On Ambergris Caye the bigger boats tend to put an anchor down or find a bouy to tie off on inside the reef.... natural marina. There are many docks but depending on the draft of your boat you may not be able to get to them. There is currently a debate, or arguement about ownership of the docks...

Oh ya and Ambergris is very dog friendly

Last edited by wakeman; 03/06/08 07:01 PM.
I
Istaboa Offline OP
OP Offline
I
57' and 6+ draft... do you think I can get into Belize yacht club at high tide?
Thanks much,
bt

Wow sounds like a nice boat!! Want to take me out!! haha I know out of all the docks the yacht club is quite deep. They have dredged a bit... Probably but I'm not certain. If I go out front in my boat tomorrow I'll get back to you. You may want to contact the yacht club directly.

I
Istaboa Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Thanks Wakeman... She is a nice boat. One we have waited most of lives to own.

We usually do the Bahamas but thinking of something different this year.

We have always wanted to do Belize and Mexico.

www.istaboa2007.blogspot.com

I really appreciate your help.
bt

What is your autonomy for fuel? Belize is generally expensive for fuel costs. My boat has a 351 ford, therefore, it is gas. My golf cart has a gas drinking hamster... so I have no idea what diesel costs. Gas is a whopping 5$ U.S. the gallon. The waters here are worth it though.... absolutely beautiful. Do you dive? Nice looking boat by the way!!

Diesel is about 4 US per gallon.

dabunk #270648 03/06/08 10:42 PM
I
Istaboa Offline OP
OP Offline
I
We carry alot of fuel so we can actually make from Mobile to Belize and back without refueling... we think... depends on generator use.
I have seen Mexico fuel prices that seem to be very low... 2.00 price range. Is this so and is it clean?

Wakeman, I do dive but have not in a few years... Mostly snorkle these days.

We are getting very excited about coming down to see you guys.

I drove through mexico and bought gas there... much cheaper... probably a good option.

G
G
istaboa, there are very few places off AC that you will be able to get into - our cat draws 5 1/2 and there are basically 3 docks we can get to. I don't know how deep the yacht club is, but they would have had to do a lot of dredging to accommodate you. Part of the problem is not how deep the water at the end of the dock is, but getting into the dock, there are alot of sandbars which make it impossible to get to the dock itself. If you are serious about getting to the island, cannot stress enough that you should call ahead and get a local captain to bring you in thru the cut!!!! We see people every year that think they can do it themselves and end up on the reef. It is well worth the money to keep you, your boat and our precious reef from an accident! Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.