Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270662 03/07/08 07:55 AM
OP Offline
I have a serious addiction to fly fishing salt water flats. It doesn't seem to make a lot of difference where these flats are located, just as long as there are good guides, with good equipment there. After reading Marty's posts about his visits to Cuba I decided that the potential existed for a trip there.I found a web site for a Canadian group which offered trips to Havana and flats fishing at a couple of places on the south west side of the island. My first concern with their offer was the pictures of the flats boats used by the guides. There appeared to be wood plank, flat bottom, about 10>12 feet long by 3' wide and definately not sea worthy or worthy of a 2' swell. I wonder if this is about the extent of what's currently available in Cuba, to the sport fishing industry.
Anybody on this board been there and tried it? If so would you have any contact information?

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
K
K
Don: google Los Jardines de la Reina. Also you can check with Nassim Joaquin(can't find his address, just google him too. believe he lives in Cozumel). Also Belize Flats Fishing runs Cuba trips, through Cuba On The Fly. Both have websites. Finally, you'll find some discussions and trip reports at www.danblanton.com Just search his board archives. JOHN

Flyfishing my way through mid-life crisis.
OP Offline
Many Thanks John. I'm looking and finding a bunch.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
awesome Don. enjoy!!! let us know how it goes!!!! if you or anyone else is ever on the NE coast near puerto padre let me know i have family there i'd love to look up.... will get there myself one of these days...

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.