Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Not sure if you've looked at this hotel, or what your budget is, but we're coming in April and staying at the Hotel Del Rio. Guess it's a little north of town and we're in a cabana for way cheap. Since I haven't stayed yet I can't give you my personal opinion but I didn't see it on your list and you may want to check it out. Before we booked I searched the forums up and down for a negative comment and couldn't find any (And now that we've reserved our cabana I hope I don't hear a word, lol!).

S
S
My husband and I stayed in a plantation room at Victoria House last year and loved it. We spent a great deal of time in their bar talking to the bartenders and other patrons and we had a blast. I have never been to Portofino but have visited their website more than a few times and have heard great reviews- we'll definitely stay there someday too.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I've never known a disappointed visitor to Paradise Villas, in the north of town.

Just got back from 10 nights in SP & stayed at Banana Beach. It was our first trip and I don't usually go the "resort" route, but it was the best deal on the island that we found. The inclusive breakfast alone is worth staying there.
The golf cart rates are cheap to reasonable and the ladies in the Monkey Business Travel Shop are fantastic and will treat you right. Only the best for tours.
Don't drink, so can't say much about the bar scene, but there are some pretty active bars all along the beaches nearby that could add up to a crawl in a short time/distance.
You'll have fun wherever you go.

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.
JZB Offline
I'm going to have to vote for Victoria House also. If they don't have availability, Capricorn is a small resort more known for their restaurant and only about 3 miles north of town. Mata Chica is a nice place also but farther north. I've heard plenty of nice things about Portofino and they are 6 miles north of town. The farther you go north, the more of a pain it is to get into town on the island ferry but the more quiet it is.

it all depends on what you want to do while your here. if u stay up north u will have to take a water taxi every time u want to come to town. this can get expensive and time consuming. but if u want to be away from everything and relax up north is great. i prefer town because u can walk almost everywhere. victoria house is very nice but pricey. sunbreeze, blue tang and banyan bay are all nice too. it all comes down to how much do u want to spend.

You're right about what you want to do & how much you want to spend. We spent what we spent and stayed where we stayed for those exact reasons. We couldn't see spending the extra $$$ for an ocean view room because we're active people and spend our time outside from 7:00 am to after 5:00 pm every day. We're city people, living only a few blocks from downtown. I also like to walk and have no problem walking 6-8 miles/day and wading while fishing as I go. My wife will walk along with me and go shop or do pastel sketches while I fly fish. She brings back more than I do.
The good news is that there's something for everyone on AC.

Love is blind. Marriage is an eye opener.
Funny but the thatched huts are now more touristy and the concrete buildings are typical! Storms can get you stuck wherever you are - water taxis & taxis (up north)can't always work in the weather. That is why many prefer to stay south of town and recreation up north. Much easier to hop from place to place in San Pedro Town & south - music food fun etc.
North to me is isolated and peaceful, as in do you want to eat & drink at your resort all the time? go out a few times? or do you want to explore what San Pedro Town has to offer frequently - shopping, live music, night life? More bars & bar tenders south of the cut! Of Course, you can stock up on all of your supplies and not leave your resort if that is your choice!
I do need a Caribbean Sea View from my porch if not windows.
If I lived in San Pedro then I would back off the beach, maybe!
Belize it!

Stay at the SunBreeze. Great staff, pool, bar and restaurant and a very short stagger home from BC's.

B
B
We just got back from 5 nites at Banana Beach, they are as advertised, we were pleasantly surprised with the friendly care we felt from all the staff, we crammed a lot of activity into a few days & felt like they were always there for us, everything came off without a hitch. Very clean & nice facility.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.