Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#270997 03/09/08 10:29 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I'm sure there are a ton of posts/threads about this already, but I was hoping I could get some answers in one place... this in lieu of searching all over the board.

ANYWAYS, The two of us will be on AC beginning this Wednesday. We would like to spend a day on Caulker. Not necessarily looking to do anything especially exciting. Nonetheless, put yourself in our shoes- what would you do for the day on Caulker?

I presume there is some good snorkeling there too? Beaches more wide for lounging? How 'bout picnicking?

Thanks in advance.

G
G
Caye Caulker is the "sister" island to San Pedro so anything you can do on AC can been done on CC. The only difference I find is CC is much smaller,less people on the island and very laid back- "Go Slow" attitude.
But, yes snorkeling at the Cut/Split can be done or you can have someone take you out near the reef for a days trip snorkeling, which is great since you will see alot of fish,coral whatever else you may swim upon!!
Very comforting to know that the people on CC are just as friendly as their sisters on AC so don't feel afraid to stop and ask someone in the shops, restaurants, or on the streets if you need help with anything. Hope my post helps!

Last edited by Girlie girl 101; 03/13/08 06:52 AM.
Y
Y
We spent 4 days of R&R on Caye Caulker before heading onto Ambergris. You'll enjoy the laid back life on CC and you must check out the Split and the Lazy Lizard bar for an afternoon. Also stop by Rose's cafe and say hello to the Lobster King.........the island's entertainment. Lots of great places to eat and explore. Enjoy your trip.

G
G
Love the pizza at Herbal Tribe. When I was visiting, it seemed like the entertainment part-live music, people going to the Sports Bar for drinks and trivia night didn't start until later on into the night, maybe since I visited things have changed.
So if your just going for the day. You have the option of exploring the island by foot or renting a golf cart to get around for the day. Snorkeling, scuba diving, eating and having drinks are some of the things you can do.
As for a picnic, I'm not sure about that, since I have always had my meals at a restaurant but there is always somebody on the front street serving meals from a BBQ grill!
The food is not bad on the island. When I was there I loved visitng Herbal Tribe for Pizza, The Sand Box or go to (I forgot the name of it, could be Don Leone ) located heading towards the Split, it's one of the best Italian Restaurants on the island for dinner.

Last edited by Girlie girl 101; 03/13/08 06:55 AM.
Girlie girl,
Don Corleones is also my favorite!!
Psu, we usually stop at the Rainbow for chicken nachos & soak up the view with a few Belikens then head down to the split for a few more belkins while looking at one of the prettiest views in Belize. Take a dive off the new high dive!!
Love C.C. spent a week there in Feb. & did a day trip to S.P.

Last edited by J DOG; 03/09/08 04:34 PM.
G
G
J DOG My Last trip I didn't have the oppurtunity to eat there since they were closed-on vacation but the same owners also have the Cabanas and pool, I had a chance to spend the day there and the tropical drinks are so yummy and good. Next trip down there I definitely want to eat at Don Corleones for dinner. Have there been any new restaurants added over the year?

G
G
Have to give Rainbows a try JDOG next time I'm down there then. Diving Board? is that at the Split?

Last edited by Girlie girl 101; 03/13/08 07:00 AM.
Girlie girl, I can't think of any new ones, Rasta Pasta is in thier new location, love that place. The high dive is at the split, you dive right into the split and they added a deck over the roof at the lazy Lizard.

G
G
J DOG thanks! Lazy Lizard and Rasta Pasta are Must-dos. Last time I was there I saw the Rasta Pasta sign but I heard they moved since and Lazy Lizards must be new or I'm just going to the same places all the time and need to try something new. Thanks again for your post. I'm so looking forward to coming down to CC, going to San Pedro too.

A
AlJ Offline
A
Lazy Lizard is the bar at the split. You must have gotten there even if you didn't know the name.

I must be the only one around that really didn't like Rainbow. Don't forget Wish Willy once.

For the original poster, you can't get any sense of Caye Caulker in a short day trip. You can see all of it but it takes longer to meet the tourists and some of the locals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day