Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
Ok, ok, I hear you loud and clear! smile I've upped our budget so now we have $480 just for tours, for 2 people. Our food and lodging budget is separate. Thanks for the tip Pedro, I've seen Tanisha's webpage and it's on our list! So now that our budget is clear(er)... any other suggestions? Also, where should we rent kayaks? Oh... one last thing. How do we get from either the airstrip or the water taxi to our hotel (Hotel del Rio). We didn't really think about this. Thanks!

J
J
If you're snorklers, you mustn't miss Bacalar Chico. It's offered by Searious and Adventure Belize (both have websites). It's a full day trip, with lunch & 3 snorkle stops. It goes up to lagoon side, through the canal made by the Mayans & down the other side. It costs about $90 p/p.

If you don't have much luggage or have backpack luggage, walk to Hotel del Rio. You will see a lot of town on the way. Otherwise take a taxi - probably $10US or so.

Eric and Clifford work at Uprise Tours. Both are fabulous tour guides! They will customize and set up anything for you and they always have good tunes playing on the boat. Give em a try!

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination....live & enjoy every moment....

~*~Ania~*~
Private boat tours will cost more say over $100US easy.
Some group tours are offered for more reasonable costs. ie Amigos Del Mar & others.
Ferry to Caye Caulker or take a catamaran group tour & snorkel and see the island. Just different lengths of time on island or sea.
Also, I rent a golfcart for at least one day the price is worth all the adventuring you can do by yourselves - we take it to snorkel from Victoria's dock all the way north to other rest stops!
Also what tour do you want besides outer islands?
We had a great shore lunch on a Bird Caye sanctuary & it was awesome.
Belize it!

I just got home from a glorious time on AC. What a great time we had. Very sad Im home. frown ok back to post LOL Searious Adventures was ABSOLUTLY fabulous. I went on three tours with them. Lamanai, Cave tubing and Manatee watching. On their website they have "package" deals that worked out great. We bought the silver package I think and it was like 323 dollars US. Three days of wonderful tours. Well worth the money and the tour guides we had...well I cant praise them enough. I definitely give them 5 plus stars. Check out their website its good.

//ambergriscaye.com/searious/index.html

OP Offline
Thanks so much! We were debating the golf cart idea, and will definitely add it to the itinerary now. All you had to say was "adventuring you can do by yourselves"!

G
G
RachelAnne,
I would seriously add money for a golf cart to your budget unless you like to explore AC on foot, which is alot of walking. Other option is rent a motor bike-scooter or rent a bicycle. If you decide to visit Caye Caulker for the day, walking isn't so bad since the island is much smaller than San Pedro. Hope this helps and have a really good time!

OP Offline
That's great. I'd love advice on the best place to rent a golf cart or a motor bike-scooter? smile

G
G
As soon as you get off where the boats dock, I can't remember the name of the rental place but its on the first main street that has all the souvenir shops, its on the far left side end-close to the schools. Because almost everybody rides around in a golf cart or scooter, your best bet is to just flag someone down and ask. People on AC are so friendly and willing to guide others in the right path and have a fun trip.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.