Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Hi! I've been lurking for awhile taking in all the great info this BB has to offer. My SO and I are looking to head to AC some time between the end of August and end of October. Just wondering during this time frame if anyone has an opinion as to the best time to go.

I hope this isn't a duplicate topic...and thanks for your help!

1st Visit to AC...10/4/08-10/11/08
I love Oct... but anytime is a great time on AC!

I was married in Belize in late October 2005. Was great but had to dodge Wilma.

Was Wilma his 1st wife?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
Wilma was a blowhard for sure.

August -- woooweee it's hot then.

I will have a Belikin -- put it on klcman's tab.
G
G
I agree. August is very, very hot. Best time to go is around end of March through June. But since your plans are August through October, I would say September but I'm not quite sure when raining season begins, once that starts it rains and rains. No fun! Hope my post helps.

Last half of July through September it's pretty muggy and hot. We don't really have a rain(ing)y season...It rains more often, and sometimes for two days in a row, from late July through September. But it's been overcast and sporadically raining the last few days with a cold front too. The island doesn't generate as much heat as the mainland, so many times we see the storms come in over the sea, and we watch them go by, but it may rain all day over there.

In the last six or seven years, I think the seasons have shifted here, and probably everywhere due to global warming. The dry season seems to start later, and it's later in the year when you feel that first north wind.....and October (with the exception of Wilma of course) has been a pretty decent weather month. It's sort of a ghost town then, nothing like January and February, but is a good time to come and do what you want to do.

Even Wilma only lasted a couple of days...

Change your Latitude
JZB Offline
Our rainy season and dry season is a crap shoot the past few years. You never know whats going to happen.

You can bet that in September and October some hotels and restaurants will be closed for maintenance and to take their own vacations.

I believe there are way more mosquitoes & such in August than Oct, IMO. In other words August is buggier or may just seem it from wet heat and less wind.
Belize it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 329 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.