Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#271507 03/11/08 09:26 PM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
i copied this thread to the chamber of commerce and newspapers and a business owner group i have, and removed it from general viewing.

You are probably right Marty, I don't think it is a good thing for people to critisize the those in charge for the polution problem that grows by the day. Thanks for removing my comments from a public that needs to be sheltered from truth.

I supose the powers that be will probably soon pull my visa at the airport and deport me on the next flight to Houston.

I'll be happy to discuss my avatar with anyone who knows what it is.
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
For once I agree with the decision to censor. The problem is one for local business owners to deal with, and I am sure it will be dealt with. In the meantime, potential visitors shouldn't read too much into this - the trash is a problem sure, but it's not going to spoil anyone's holiday unless they fixate on it. Although it's worse than it should be, it's not THAT bad.

S
S
I doubt that those in charge read this board but they do read e-mails sent to [email protected] and comments sent to http://www.belizetourism.org/component/option,com_btbcontact/Itemid,143/

#271526 03/11/08 10:48 PM
I tend to agree with you P2,,, the trash thing is a problem for the local business owners to deal with. I can only hope that they will start dealing with it before it covers up the new cobble stones.

Thanks Simon,, I did indeed send them a message that said exactly how I feel about the trash problem.

C
C
Wow. I'm really concerned for the censorship of this thread. I don't think leaving this thread for public consumption is a bad thing when the purpose is to be fully informed. If it's not THAT bad a problem, then prove it.

Otherwise, public pressure and the almighty dollar will make the local businesses step up and do something about the trash problem.

Tourism is highly dependent on perception. If the perception is negative on this issue, it's not a good idea to censor the discussion and create even more speculation. Local business people should convince those of us who bring money to the economy that all is well.

Please don;t take this wrong. I sincerely hope the problem is minor or fixed by July when we were planning on coming. But now I may never know for sure.

If we do cancel, I'll make sure to let the owners of White Sands Cove know why and maybe they will chip in also to make this problem go away.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Cueball - it really isn't as bad as you've gleaned from the posts so far. It's a big thing to us because we have to think how to deal with it, with a severely under-funded local authority that doesn't really have the necessary resources. As I said above, it really isn't such a big issue for visitors. The problem isn't that locals are dropping litter everywhere, but that flotsam and jetsam from the Caribbean ends its journey on our beaches (being as far west as it can travel).

In particular, you'll find that White Sands is immaculately kept, and trash will be a long way from your thoughts while you're there.

"Censorship" perhaps wasn't the best word to use. It's just that the topic has been moved from the gossip columns to somewhere it'll be properly discussed and decisions made to resolve it.

C
C
Why was it taken off this board? Please tell me it's not because we are sweeping this problem under the rug (pun intended).

Wouldn't it be better to address this issue open and honestly with people on this board who spend their hard earned money traveling to AC? And then report that the problem has been solved??

Removing that thread is suspicious to me. I'm sure my thread will be removed also.

I agree with cueball. We are all friends of San Pedro and it would take a lot for any of us not to re-visit San Pedro or leave San Pedro;whatever the case might be. We all understand the challenges with under-funding. Perhaps one of us or some of us could help with a solution. It appears to me that this board has helped come up with solutions in the past...maybe ...just maybe....it could happen again.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.