Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#271997 03/13/08 03:37 AM
C
Chief Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Has anyone stayed at the Costa Maya Reef Resort? Like it? We will be there April 12.

We've stayed up there the last couple of years and love it. It's much quieter than town, but if you buy the island ferry pass for the week, you kinda have the best of both worlds! Mexico Rocks is right in front of Costa Maya, and they have kayaks you can take out for snorkeling.

Coco
We're in San Pedro April 14-21. Planning a get-together at the Chicken Drop (@ Sprindrift Hotel) on Wed Apr 16th. You're welcome to join us : )

OK, so it won't be one of Tacogirl/Tacoboy's famous crawls (acheduled for earlier in the month), but it will be fun. We hope the Taco's will grace us with their presence!

Whoops, meant to PM, didn't mean to hijack the thread...

went to Costa Maya with my cousin and friend to have a look and though I have not stayed there it looked very nice and everyone was friendly and breakfast was good.

Mexico rocks was wonderful. See Craig at the dive shop he has lots of information and good stories about what you can see under water in the area. I enjoyed talking with him.

Sounds like a plan snorklegirl

San Pedro based Belize Blog since 2007 - great travel resources & discounts https://tacogirl.com/

C
C
I stayed there last August and loved it!
If you ate a diver, we had a very good experience with the onsite dive operation, Belize Academy of Diving. If you use them, tell Tracey and Craig that Carole, Mike, Bob and Sue said "hi and we hope to be back again this summer".
I would recommend getting the Island Ferry Pass and ordering groceries from Lagniappe Provisioning.

C
Chief Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Was the resturant there expensive? Food good? We are diving and have been talking with Tracey. Was thinking of just ordering a few things from the provisions. Not looking to go down there and cook..LOL

C
C
The restaurant prices were like in the US. We only had 2 dinners and 1 lunch and the food was pretty good. The only time we cooked was after DH went fishing. We got lunch one day from the tamale man who comes by the resort on his bike - they were very good, just watch out for the bones!
Ordering provisions is a great idea. We didn't order enough beer so when we bought more in town we had to schlepp it around with us until we got the water taxi.
Glad to hear you've been in touch with Tracey. I took the crappy picture of the hammerhead that is on their website testamonials.
Don't forget the bug spray! The mosquitos were murder in the early AM and at night.
If you want to see pictures of the resort search for my previous posts as I gave a link to my pictures.
Have a great time!!

P
P
We are heading to Costa Maya in a few weeks and curious if we should use the Provisioning company to stock up our timeshare?
I read somewhere that they charge $200.00 to go to Costa Maya Reef, is that true?

Will it be overly difficult to get what we need to bring to the resort?

Thanks,
Patrick

S
S
Not true, it's a minimum $200 order.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.