Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
plum Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I have a few questions for anybody who has stayed at either of these hotels. Caribbean villas has a one bedroom suite on the ground floor that is "ocean view." I have been in some condos on the beach, and they build the building at an angle so that everybody has an ocean view, even though the unit is far back. But to see the ocean, you have to go out on the balcony. Is this the way Caribbean Villas is? Or are the ocean view rooms right on the water? On their website, I see a big white building that looks like there are two ground floor units on the beach. But I can't find any other photos of the place. Any information would be very helpful.

About Corona del Mar. Has anybody been in one of their standard ocean front hotel rooms on the 3rd floor? The penthouse rooms are not available for the time I'm looking to go. They said the standard room is just smaller than the penthouse and it is $10 less. It says queen size bed with mini-fridge. So I'm guessing no kitchen facilities. Is there a couch, a table and chairs, a dresser, or what? Says it is on the 3rd floor with a fabulous view, which sounds very appealing. But I'm trying to get an idea of how large the room actually is.

I've always enjoyed being on upper floors in a hotel on the beach because of the view. So I'm wondering if you stay on the ground floor in Caribbean Villas, do you see the water much? Or do you mostly see the trees and a bunch of a people outside?

Thanks for any help!!

Can't answer your specific questions, but I usually prefer an upper floor room as they are less of a target for theft. I will sometimes leave my laptop out while down at the pool or something and on the first floor, it would be in plain view.

J
J
Caribbean Villas has a security person 24 hours. I spent one night in a first floor unit, closest to the front of the property. It did feel a bit 'exposed'. I do like having a separate bedroom though.

We stay at Corona Del Mar every year. The standard rooms are a nice size. They have a table with a couple of chairs and a dresser. They also have a place to hang your clothes. The rooms are not fancy just simple and clean. The view from the third floor rooms is great. The rooms have doors that open up to a small balcony that faces the ocean.

P
plum Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Does anybody know if the Corona del Mar's business office is closed on the weekends? I emailed Friday about a reservation and they haven't gotten back with me. They had emailed Friday and told me what rooms were available, but when I replied on Friday, I haven't heard back. Thanks.

They are usually there on Saturday but not Sunday.

P
plum Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Jean, you mentioned your room was a first floor unit closest to the front of the property. I'm not familiar with the property; was yours considered an ocean view room? If so, what exactly could you see from your room?

J
J
Yes,it was considered ocean view. The views were great. No complaints.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.