Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Rocky Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi there! I've been lurking for a while now, and appreciate the spirit of these forums and all the good advice!

Quick question. Might be dumb. We arrive for our second trip to AC on February 15th. As I understand it, that day is the end of lobster season. Is there something we should do, like a beach BBQ, or a place we should definitely eat on the 15th, so we can enjoy some lobster before everything rolls up for the season?

What do you all do when the season comes to an end?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

JZB Offline
Sorry Rocky but you're missing Lobster season by 1 day. The last day to buy lobsters is the 14th. Restaurants and stores can get a heavy fine if frozen tails are found on their premise. However, there are some restaurants on the island that have a special permit to serve lobster year round.

C
C
Where can one find lobster in May?

Live Laugh Love
H
H
so, I am there from the 27th to april 05. Does that mean if we go out to dinner we cannot get a lobster? Wondering if it is just for hunting or eating.

HB Glen
Huntington Beach, CA
Proud Harley Owner
I've heard that Costa Maya Resort (their resturant) has one of those special permits where they can sever lobster year round,

Coco
S
S
"Wondering if it is just for hunting or eating." Both, unless you can find one of the restaurants that have a permit (I'm not sure which, if any, signed up this year.)

C
C
Ramones has lobster, i believe

C
C
Oh Well, I guess we'll just have to survive on Belikins, rum and the beauty of the island!

Live Laugh Love
Try the ginger rum shrimp at Calientes, Just about makes up for no lobster. smile

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
T
T
I know Portofino was part of the Special Lobster program last year, and *think* that they are again this year, meaning you would still be able to get Lobster there.

http://portofinobelize.com/lacuisine.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.