Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
AZW Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I ran across an article on the web that I could not access, but the title of the article was "Fire Sinks Amigos Del Mar's Dive Boat" and it was dated 2/08. We are planning to dive with Amigos when we get down there next week. Can anyone tell me if they are up and running?

AZ Wayne

Yes, they are and all is well. You may reach them at
011-501-226-2706
[email protected]

A
AZW Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks!

Amigos del Mar is great. You cannot go wrong with those guys. One of the oldest (if not the oldest) established dive operations on the island and great guys.

I was just diving with them a couple of weeks ago, as I have been doing a number of times a year, since 1999. They've got more than one boat. smile

Though I do look forward to the day that they replace the Miss Mel. I'm spoiled now and don't want to go out to the Atolls and Blue Hole on anything smaller, especially a boat that doesn't have a head.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

B
B
Unfortunately as of last week Amigos still did not have an adequate boat to travel to the Blue Hole. Had a miserable ride in a 35 or so foot open bow boat. The slamming on the waves, particularly for the unfortunates in the front of the boat and several older divers, was over the edge. On the other hand, once arrived the Amigos guys did their regular superb job. Great lunch on Half Moon Caye, so good in fact several of the dive staff from a competiors group came over to eat the Amigos lunch! My suggestion is that anyone making the Blue Hole trip, confirm what type of equipment is being used, and if it is not one of the larger boats, don't go.

I'm a dive shop and I use Amigos exclusively for the Blue Hole and Turneffe.
I trust them and their good judgment on when not to go out in bad weather. I've dove with them 20 years.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
pedro2
pedro2
P
Amigos are very much alive and operating, but only with smaller boats. Today for example conditions are very rough, and the only boats on the island able to go out are the three bigger boats operated by AquaDives.

The oldest dive centre operating on the island is Bottom Time, by a fair margin.

Peter your due an Island dive history lesson when i have the time I'll buy you a beer and tell you some tales.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
A
AZW Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Gents,
This has been a very useful bunch of information. Given the opportunity (next week), I'll buy you all a beer!

Thanks!

AZ Wayne

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.