Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
DB Offline OP
OP Offline
D

U
U
This is funny!!

"Global warming doesn't mean every year will be warmer than the last. And it may be that we are in a period of less rapid warming."

So is it getting warmer or not? 1 plus 1 = 2 1 - 1 = 0 If this year is cooler than last year how is that "Global Warming"?

How long does it take to heat up 10 gazillion tons of water anyway?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
When I was a kid, the scientists were all warning of a global cooling... a new ice age.

It's all bollocks.

When the scientists can start to reliably predict the weather next week and next month, let alone tomorrow, I'll start listening.

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
It does seem that a lot of evidence has been deliberately falsified, right up to the highest levels. God knows what the truth is, but it's surely undeniable that weather world-wide has become more erratic and unpredictable.

The great "Global Warming" hoax (?) should not be confused with the necessity for good stewardship.

One does not have to become a card carrying member of tree huggers' anonymous to realize the validity of recycling, controlling air and water pollution and the development of alternative and cleaner energy sources.

Being "conservative" does not by definition make me a squanderer of natural resources, though it does make me skeptical of the multi billion dollar industry that has grown around first the freeze that was to doom us all in the 70's followed by the more recent threats of the potential flooding of Manhattan by a melting polar ice cap that I was far more in favor of!

Those who wield power only when a crisis or struggle continues are those least likely to admit that the crisis should be downgraded to merely a cyclical weather pattern?

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
When the first polar bear is sighted north of the cut, I'm calling Al Gore and begging his forgiveness.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
I'd be far more worried to see them SOUTH of the cut, although for now they are several thousand miles north!

It's rarely rocket science, it's usually just math: then again if you can't do the math.......
p2 "surely undeniable that weather world-wide has become more erratic and unpredictable".
Interesting prognostication(or thesis if you prefer),p2. Back that up a little please? I would deny that, prove me wrong! smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD0_W582HyM
OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXrc1XZayp4&feature=related

P
pedro2
pedro2
P
I can't prove you wrong, and nor do I have prepared statistics to defend my statement. You only have to look at weather patterns here and in many other places to realise that something seems to be going on. Britain has experienced unprecedented rains and floods over the past couple of years, and rainfall patterns over mainland Europe have left formerly arable areas desolate. Centuries old vines in some areas have died, and southern Britain is returning to its position of centuries ago in becoming again a major wine producing area. When I was a child there that was inconceivable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 272 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.