Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
S
Those guys were in jail at the time Palapa Bar was hit according to the news article.

S
S
Bail

Check out my site: www.ambergriscayerealestate.net
C
C
Did they do serious damage to the bar? Or just loot it? That's just too bad...I'll be down in July to offer bouncer services if ya need it (for some free beer). smile

6'2 240 lbs. and big and ugly.

J
J
SORRY TO HEAR OF THE THEFT THAT OCCURR
ED
AT THE PALAPA. WE WERE THERE AS GUESTS OF THE ISLAND( LOVE IT SO MUCH) IN FEBRUARY AND THINGS WERE STOLEN FROM US SO I KNOW HOW VIOLATED ONE CAN FEEL. I HOPE THOSE CREEPS ARE FOUND AND PUNISHED. I WILL RETURN SOMEDAY. GOOD LUCK.

D
D

Cueball, bouncer services are the last thing to bring to san Pedro. Don't be a tough guy. Think this concept, " worry, I've heard that word but never understood the concept". Have fun and smile.

E
E
Take a deepr breathe, Danny. Tough guy's count.

C
C
It was a JOKE...lighten up Danny

T
Tom Offline
T
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you do get the stuff back and in working order.
If they were caught, would like to know who they were. There has been alot of theft at the Palapa Bar Condos also. My friend has lost so much stuff it is not funny.
When they catch a theief they need to keep them behind bars ubtil they can be sent to Hattiesville.
If caught looting after a hurricane, the punishment is swift with 7 years of confinement usually. Why should an ordinary theif get anything less. They should get 10 years at least, just to keep them off of the streets.
Actually I would like to see them banned from the Island if convicted of theft, that would help so they can not do it again to the same people. This does happen by the way, they do target the same person more than once.
Been A Victum,
Kat

I beleive I personally know of these guys as I was burgled exact same way 5 years ago and they are still at it same M O the problem is if they only get caught with stolen goods they cannot be tried for burglary unless they confess to it and the pubishment for handling stolen goods is about $200 bze

Even when caught red handed in my house and then identified in court by 3 different people as the one caught red handed in the house the court waited until the one day we could not attend and then let him off with a fine of $300 bze (we had to go to Belize 3 times for ajournment and then 2 times for trial and then one for sentencing and had to pay for all the witness;s to fly there.

You could imagine the one time I could not go as I had to go out country he got away with it I was PISSED and gave up on the legal system here

If you cant even get a conviction with 3 eyewitness's who point him out in court and say they cught him actually in the house and detained him and handed him over to police then its a lost cause.

You will never clean the island up unless the courts get tough and stop excusing them because they think they stole only from rich gringos

Croc

There are other ways to punish them when you catch them "Red Handed" mad , But I guess you have to have faith in the system. At least until the system fails you like in Croc's situation. Those scumbags give the good people of Ambergris Caye a bad rap.

There are security companies on the Island that will set your house up with a Security system (and cell phone & battery back-up) where a audible alarm will sound along with an alarm sent to security company in town. They will notify police and also respond themselves.
There are pros and cons to this but the alternative is to have a security guard on-site, That can get expensive on a 24-7 basis.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.